What are your expectations for the season?

DiehardBronxFan

Well, I'm not quite sure yet. Maybe by Monday. The main questions I have about this team are on the OL and DL. A little concern about our OLB's health and depth but mostly line play.

From the few plays I've watched our IOL play has improved a lot. If we can plug the gaps and generate power, basically own the IOL we could be really good. If not, meh.

Same with the DL. We gave up almost 5 ypc last year. If that doesn't improve the greatest secondary in the world won't help much.

I don't get the games but if I were you I'd be watching interior line play on both sides of the LOS. If we're good there we could be a really good ball club.

the quotes and vibes they are putting out from camp are pretty much: "we need to win" ... the first 3 games against weak opponents are (obviously) huge. nothing is set in stone, but if they play meh and lose 1 or 2. it might be a tough year. if they go 3-0 we are in business. jobs riding on these first 3 games (tho, without a doubt, it could still be a tough season even with a 3-0 start - we have seen that recently!)

1 hour ago, champ11 said:

the quotes and vibes they are putting out from camp are pretty much: "we need to win" ... the first 3 games against weak opponents are (obviously) huge. nothing is set in stone, but if they play meh and lose 1 or 2. it might be a tough year. if they go 3-0 we are in business. jobs riding on these first 3 games (tho, without a doubt, it could still be a tough season even with a 3-0 start - we have seen that recently!)

The first month is critical. The fan base is divided and on edge, a bad start will poison the atmosphere at Mile High which will destroy confidence. It will be ugly if we’re anything other than 2-0 in that home opener. Like Mac-era ugly. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/11/2021 at 4:02 PM, AnAngryAmerican said:

The first month is critical. The fan base is divided and on edge, a bad start will poison the atmosphere at Mile High which will destroy confidence. It will be ugly if we’re anything other than 2-0 in that home opener. Like Mac-era ugly. 

Good thing we're 2-0 with some very good QB play 😅😅

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, broncosfan_101 said:

Rowles isn’t negative just for the sake of being negative. 

You do understand I relish the role of being a contrarian, right? 

Secondly, I’ve been correct far more often than not - on Mac, on Vance, on Keenum, on Josh Allen, the list goes on - and often when I take a position that conflicts with the prevailing wisdom I do with so with solid reasoning. 

As it stands with the current team, I maintain Vic isn’t a Super Bowl HC, Teddy isn’t a SB QB and Paton/Ellis setting low expectations shouldn’t be accepted by the fanbase. The fact there isn’t more outrage about those comments, and that they’ve convinced the boot-licking, booty-kissing media to be on-air and churning out copy that says things like “at least they’re not totally inept anymore” is criminal. 

It’s been two games, against the Giants and Jaguars. I remember people here turning cartwheels when Mac’s 2009 team blew out the Browns and Raiders in his first month. Let’s pull back on the stick a little bit. 

Edited by AnAngryAmerican

2 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

The fact there isn’t more outrage about those comments, and that they’ve convinced the boot-licking, booty-kissing media to be on-air and churning out copy that says things like “at least they’re not totally inept anymore” is criminal. 

Is this what you are talking about: https://denverfan.com/2095343/drop-the-mike-broncos-fans-shouldnt-be-grumpy-about-2-0/

On 9/21/2021 at 2:59 PM, AnAngryAmerican said:

You do understand I relish the role of being a contrarian, right? 

Secondly, I’ve been correct far more often than not - on Mac, on Vance, on Keenum, on Josh Allen, the list goes on - and often when I take a position that conflicts with the prevailing wisdom I do with so with solid reasoning. 

As it stands with the current team, I maintain Vic isn’t a Super Bowl HC, Teddy isn’t a SB QB and Paton/Ellis setting low expectations shouldn’t be accepted by the fanbase. The fact there isn’t more outrage about those comments, and that they’ve convinced the boot-licking, booty-kissing media to be on-air and churning out copy that says things like “at least they’re not totally inept anymore” is criminal. 

It’s been two games, against the Giants and Jaguars. I remember people here turning cartwheels when Mac’s 2009 team blew out the Browns and Raiders in his first month. Let’s pull back on the stick a little bit. 

You are proudly rooting for this team to fail so the ownership, coaching staff, QB, etc can be replaced because you don’t see an outcome where the assembled cast competes for a championship. 

So what if you are right?

I expect us to struggle a bit more against teams that can load the box and disrupt the short passing game. We shall see. We've beaten the teams we're supposed to beat. True test next week. If we keep Lamar under 80 yards on the ground I think we can win. Not a gimmy but not out of the question either considering how bad baltimore is against the pass.

Just watched the 4th quarter film. Lousy film quality but Meinerz seemed to play pretty well. He's definitely a people mover. Harder to see Muti. He's on the off camera side but saw no real errors. 

That's a lot more power than we're used to seeing on the IOL. I'm curious to see how Risner and Glasgows injuries shake out. My initial impression is that we don't miss much with Muti and Meinerz. If you get a chance @lomaxgrUK I'd love a bit better take on those two.