GDT Week 1 - @ Atlanta Falcons

Jroc04

I still remember a Falcons game where Trent Cole kept destroying the LT he was lined up against will bull rushes and the OT had probably 30+ pounds on him. I hope BG can channel that recklessness on Sunday.

Speaking of Trent Cole, yall remember that time he straight up flipped a guy over his back in a Seahawks game? I think it was Russell Okung iirc

This is a game that could go either way honestly. I’m sure Falcons fans feel they can win this like we do. Both teams have new coaching staffs. Falcons have a bit more experience there and have a known quantity in Matt Ryan. I think if we can win a lot in the trenches especially with the DL we can pull this one out.  It’ll probably be a close game.

We haven’t won much playing in Atlanta though. Our fans show up well there but we usually lose. Our last wins at their stadium is 2009 and then 2003.

This game has some interesting matchups.
 ATL has an ascending OL with several young guys looking to take the next step vs our aging DL with vets hoping not to lose any steps. 
Slay vs Ridley. Advantage: Ridley, but will be interesting with Anthony Harris helping over the top.
Pitts vs our LB's and probably Maddox. Advantage: Pitts, but rookie TE's rarely have great or even good seasons statistically. Doesn't mean they can't have a great game here and there though, so Pitts could go off if we got our LB's and Maddox covering him.
Hurts vs a crap defense. Anything can happen in week 1, but if Hurts doesn't look good, or at least above average against what should be a bottom 5 D in the NFL at the end of this year, I'll be very concerned.
Our OL vs their crap DL. Our OL should dominate the LOS on offense. If they don't, Sirianni sucks.
DeVonta Smith vs their crap CB's. It won't get any easier than this for DeVonta. Crap CB's? Check. Crap Safeties? Check. OL should buy time against a crap DL? Check. I'm expecting at least 80 yards and a TD in his first game, barring any health setbacks.
Goedert vs Ertz. Which one will Hurts favor? Please lord let it be Goedert.
We should win this game, because Atlanta is basically Dallas with worse #2 and #3 WR's, RB's, and a statue at QB, but the exact same quality defense.
Arthur Smith will probably try to establish the run for ATL, which will play into the strength of our D.
Eagles 27 Falcons 20. Eagles Fly High after week 1 (before getting our wings clipped in week 2 vs SF)

Edited by Jeezla

4 hours ago, oland11 said:

Speaking of Trent Cole, yall remember that time he straight up flipped a guy over his back in a Seahawks game? I think it was Russell Okung iirc

I remember, pretty sure Okung hurt his shoulder on the flip too.