Week 1: Chicago Bears vs Los Angeles Rams

MDY10

1 hour ago, Flounch said:

AD and Jalen are stud for sure...after that we have Darious Williams, Floyd, Fullar as good player and after that we have very average player. 

Bears have Mack, Smith  as a stud and then a bunch of good players Hicks, Goldman, Jones, Gibson,Jackson.

Only weakness are CB and they also have a good defensive bench. 

I’ll take the defensive unit that gives up less points. 
 I don’t see much improvement from the Bears D. They’re still good don’t get me wrong, but they’re not 2018 good. Goldman probably won’t be playing tomorrow night so that’s one less key piece on that defense 

The Rams should win this game but I don’t know by how much. It could be really close just due to Week 1 weird things happen and plus the Rams starters didn’t play in the preseason. They could come out rusty and slow for the 1st half if not through the first 3 quarters. I don’t think the Rams need to bring their A game to beat the Bears. The Colts will be a tougher game Week 2 then the toughest game will be Week 3 against the SB champs the Bucs. I’m just going to be curious to see if McVay is truly going to open up the playbook again and let Stafford sling it. Also I want to see DJax bc when he is healthy he is going to go off. Like 100+ yards receiving and at least a td. This is the game he gets a 40+yd td bomb from Stafford that will make all of us excited for what could be for this offense if DJax can stay healthy. 

• Like 1

Some of you are sleeping on the bears. I honestly could see this being a very defensive first half, with us edging out a 13-3 lead at half time. Then I think the bears have the potential to send Fields in….

and that is what I worry about, week 1 weirdness, coupled with a mobile QB that we have no Pro film on…  I still say we win but it could be like 20-13 with it being closer than we like.

Feels good to have Stafford. He was huge tonight.

Defense, especially against the run, could've been better at times but still played a good game. I think a little regression in them will be inevitable given the loss of Staley and some other key contributors. Though any defense with Donald and Ramsey is gonna be a strong unit.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Great first start for Stafford. Showed a lot of the things that made us pull the trigger on the trade. That TD to Woods was an incredible play. Defense needs to step up. But all in all, a great Week 1 effort for the squad. NFCW is 4-0.

What a way to start the stafford era. The Oline held up great for Stafford. Run game got going towards the end. Defensively they need to sure up that run D. I’m not worried about it yet though. Last year I’m pretty sure they were run all over the first 2-3 weeks before figuring it out. It’s an exciting time for Rams fans. This game went Almost like I predicted. I already can’t wait to see how they do against the Colts. 

• Like 3

Watching Stafford is like watching my team finally have a real close comp to Mahomes and ARod. It’s like in the NBA when the Nets went from D Russell and LeVert to Kyrie and Harden in the backcourt. I still really like Goff but Stafford is another level. In this offense he can match throw for throw, play for play with all of the best QBs in the NFL. He made some throws tonight that even me being a big Goff supporter would admit he wouldn’t have consistently done that. The difference in the game was those big plays for tds Stafford threw. But he was killing the Bears making great decisions. One sack and no turnovers is huge. And that’s against Mack, Smith, and that Bears front seven. 

The D will play better but they don’t have to be special like they was last year. They just have to be good and I think most of the time they will be good to great but in times they aren’t they know they have an offense that can put up 30+ and help them out. I was extremely impressed by the OL. They held up well and closed out strong helping Henderson get room to run in the 4th. So great start by them and I look to see what they do against another great front seven in the Colts. Should be fun. I have the Rams starting 2-0 before coming back home to face the Bucs.  

• Like 2

This game turned out pretty much how I predicted it would. The run defense was frustrating beyond belief; it’s all good to force your opponent to run the ball when they’re down by two or more touchdowns, however it’s not too much to ask to be a little more efficient. 

I knew coming into this game that running the ball would be difficult against the Bears front seven, but once they became fearful of the passing game, Hendo would get his opportunities in the second half, and he did just that. It would’ve been nice if the run game was established a little sooner, and get Michel a little more involved, but that will come as we progress through the season. 

• Like 1