Week 1: Chicago Bears vs Los Angeles Rams

MDY10

3 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

What was the fan ratio in the Stadium Rams vs Bears? 

There were bears fans but I would put it at 90% rams fans. Maybe more than that. I was on the lower level and there were some bears fans. On the opposite end zone there appeared to be a whole lot of bears fans. It was loud but not too crazy. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MDY10 said:

This is what I want to know. Also I’m wondering how loud it got.. was it home field advantage type noise!? 

Not too loud. It got loud when stafford threw those 2 long TD’s and on some 4th and 3rd down stops. I’ve been to games at the coliseum (rams vs Packers) that were a lot louder than the game last night. I’m guessing because it wasn’t that close of a game 

• Like 1

I finally watched the game.

A couple of things

• A great performance for Stafford, 2 TD pass + 50 yards that's what we were waiting for and he delivered
  • Looks like he established a big connection with Kupp, Higbee but not so much with Woods
  • The running game is scary...even though we run well in the 4th. We weren't able to run the ball during the first 3 QT and that's a big question mark. You can put Sony MIchel but the issue i think is that the OL is weak and can't open anything. 
  • Where is Tutu ? I mean, we spent a 2nd round pick and he's not even in the field for KR and PR ? We have to put Kupp in this situation ? What's the point here ? I don't understand this....
  • The defense still can't stop the run and that's concerning. But is this a surprise? Not really...we missed a lot of tackles on the field from DL and LB.
  • Where was the pass rush ? Floyd was invisible...
  • Secondary were great and i like the new role for Ramsey, more aggressive on the field. 

Overall, it was a great win but running game and run defense are concerning.

1 hour ago, Flounch said:

A couple of things

• A great performance for Stafford, 2 TD pass + 50 yards that's what we were waiting for and he delivered
  • Looks like he established a big connection with Kupp, Higbee but not so much with Woods
  • The running game is scary...even though we run well in the 4th. We weren't able to run the ball during the first 3 QT and that's a big question mark. You can put Sony MIchel but the issue i think is that the OL is weak and can't open anything. 
  • Where is Tutu ? I mean, we spent a 2nd round pick and he's not even in the field for KR and PR ? We have to put Kupp in this situation ? What's the point here ? I don't understand this....
  • The defense still can't stop the run and that's concerning. But is this a surprise? Not really...we missed a lot of tackles on the field from DL and LB.
  • Secondary were great and i like the new role for Ramsey, more aggressive on the field. 

The Bears could leave Floyd alone on an island and he still wouldn’t get to the QB or make a tackle against a RB. 
I know the Rams defenses likes to force teams to run the ball, but can we at least be serviceable at it?? 
Overall, still a great win for us 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Flounch said:

A couple of things

I wouldn’t call it not having a connection with Woods. I thought they connected just fine. Agreed about Stafford though.

You’re right, The run game needs to get better early on and not in the last quarter. 

Agreed on Tutu.. I was surprised. I was actually more surprised that Burgess didn’t get a snap. 

Defense “still” can’t stop the run? Don’t understand why you said this. They were a top run stopping team last season, even after allowing 100+ the first couple games. They fixed it and will do it again. 

Floyd definitely disappointed. That’s a reason to think positive though. Some of these guys on defense haven’t played pre season at all. Floyd missed some time too. This defense will only get better, not worse once players Start to get into rhythm 

50 minutes ago, MDY10 said:

Agreed on Tutu.. I was surprised. I was actually more surprised that Burgess didn’t get a snap. 

This shouldn't be surprising at all. McVay generally brings rookies along very slowly especially when we have 4 very good receivers ahead of him. Think of how long it took Van Jefferson to see action last year and he was a 24 year old rookie with just Reynolds ahead of him.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

This shouldn't be surprising at all. McVay generally brings rookies along very slowly especially when we have 4 very good receivers ahead of him. Think of how long it took Van Jefferson to see action last year and he was a 24 year old rookie with just Reynolds ahead of him.

Agreed 100% but I think Jefferson is a bad example. He saw quite a bit of play time and even had 30 yards on one catch vs dallas and then 4 catches vs Philly. I guess what I’m surprised about is the fact he didn’t touch the field at all. I’m fine with him not seeing the field on offense yet, but I thought he’d at least be returning kicks or punts. 

7 minutes ago, MDY10 said:

Agreed 100% but I think Jefferson is a bad example. He saw quite a bit of play time and even had 30 yards on one catch vs dallas and then 4 catches vs Philly. I guess what I’m surprised about is the fact he didn’t touch the field at all. I’m fine with him not seeing the field on offense yet, but I thought he’d at least be returning kicks or punts. 

It's not a bad example. He had 8 targets in those first 2 games. Then 8 targets the last week with Wolford when Kupp was out. The other 13 games he had 15 targets. And he was significantly more pro-ready and had less talent in front of him. This year we have Desean who has a very similar skill-set to Tutu and is massively more experienced. It's going to be tough for Tutu to have much of an offensive role as long as the receivers stay healthy. 

I think he was never going to be the kick returner. He's too small. If I recall, the Bears punted once and it was an obvious fair catch situation. Makes sense to trust Kupp there. 

2 hours ago, MDY10 said:

Defense “still” can’t stop the run? Don’t understand why you said this. They were a top run stopping team last season, even after allowing 100+ the first couple games. They fixed it and will do it again. 

Floyd definitely disappointed. That’s a reason to think positive though. Some of these guys on defense haven’t played pre season at all. Floyd missed some time too. This defense will only get better, not worse once players Start to get into rhythm 

Last year against the Packers we couldn't stop Jones or Williams and that matter most for me. If team decide to run against us, there won't be any challenge from us...

1 hour ago, LeotheLion said:

It's not a bad example. He had 8 targets in those first 2 games. Then 8 targets the last week with Wolford when Kupp was out. The other 13 games he had 15 targets. And he was significantly more pro-ready and had less talent in front of him. This year we have Desean who has a very similar skill-set to Tutu and is massively more experienced. It's going to be tough for Tutu to have much of an offensive role as long as the receivers stay healthy. 

I think he was never going to be the kick returner. He's too small. If I recall, the Bears punted once and it was an obvious fair catch situation. Makes sense to trust Kupp there. 

I thought Tutu were going to KR/PR this year....if it wasn't the plan then he's useless. 

We already knew this but it only confirmed our impression of a huge waste of pick.

1 hour ago, LeotheLion said:

We’re saying the same thing about rookies and the offense. Jefferson was used more than most rookies Mcvay has had that aren’t Can Akers, therefore IMO Jefferson wasn’t like other rookies even though he was definitely still limited. But that doesn’t matter, I agree tutu will have a tough time getting on the field. IMO this was a plan to let kupp, woods, and desean walk when their contract is up and replace them with VJ, Tutu, and one other (maybe skowronek). 

I also don’t even mind having Kupp there to fair catch everything lol I’d take that over any chance of a turnover. 

12 minutes ago, Flounch said:

I thought Tutu were going to KR/PR this year....if it wasn't the plan then he's useless. 

We already knew this but it only confirmed our impression of a huge waste of pick.

Tutu was never going to be the KR. 

4 minutes ago, MDY10 said:

We’re saying the same thing about rookies and the offense. Jefferson was used more than most rookies Mcvay has had that aren’t Can Akers, therefore IMO Jefferson wasn’t like other rookies even though he was definitely still limited. But that doesn’t matter, I agree tutu will have a tough time getting on the field. IMO this was a plan to let kupp, woods, and desean walk when their contract is up and replace them with VJ, Tutu, and one other (maybe skowronek). 

I also don’t even mind having Kupp there to fair catch everything lol I’d take that over any chance of a turnover. 

You said initially you were surprised about Atwell's usage. Maybe you meant you were surprised he didn't return the punt? I thought you meant that he wasn't in at receiver which I thought was the likely outcome. I would expect he'd be fielding returnable punts next week. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Flounch said:

Last year against the Packers we couldn't stop Jones or Williams and that matter most for me. If team decide to run against us, there won't be any challenge from us...

We didn’t have AD vs the packers either. Sure you can say “one player shouldn’t make that big a difference” but he’s arguably the best defensive player ever AND we do have him on the roster. That was rare bad game defensively and had more to do with being out coached imo. I’ve said it before, LA was a terrible run stopping team through the first quarter of last season before they caught up to the new scheme and got into rhythm. I won’t panic just YET. 

5 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

Tutu was never going to be the KR. 

You said initially you were surprised about Atwell's usage. Maybe you meant you were surprised he didn't return the punt? I thought you meant that he wasn't in at receiver which I thought was the likely outcome. I would expect he'd be fielding returnable punts next week. 

Yeah I’m pretty sure I clarified that it was mostly about not seeing the field on returns. I’m 100% ok With him not seeing the field on the offense but really thought he’d be replacing Webster for his rookie year. But again if Cooper Kupp is back there fair catching everything I’m fine with that too.

On 9/13/2021 at 2:32 PM, Boboso20 said:

There were bears fans but I would put it at 90% rams fans. Maybe more than that. I was on the lower level and there were some bears fans. On the opposite end zone there appeared to be a whole lot of bears fans. It was loud but not too crazy. 

I think you’re being too generous. I was at the home fan section and it felt like the visitors section. So many bear fans lol. 
Even though this vid I took says otherwise lol. 

https://[LINK ERROR]/497svf

• Like 1