Week 1: Packers @ Saints in Jacksonville GDT

mikebpackfan

51 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

Always wager the kids before the house.

Correct! What kind of person would leave their kids homeless. 

Irony, I actually did know a guy who lost his house in a card game. Truly pathetic! Past tense because he's no longer with us. 

Edited by Old Guy

1 hour ago, mikebpackfan said:

Whenever I have to wait for a big game, I make sure I have a lot to do around the house, and the time passes much more quickly than just sitting around watching inconsequential (ie, non-Packer) games or those godawful pregame shows. 

Oh, I’ve got plenty of things that I should be doing.  That’s where the game is supposed to come in. I hear you though.  If I get the house decently clean I can get a quick bike ride in before 1:25 and most of the food prepped up for the next few days. Old (young?) me would just turn on the early game and get started on drinking but that leaves a Monday morning debt I no longer have the means to pay. 

16 minutes ago, Refugee said:

Oh, I’ve got plenty of things that I should be doing.  That’s where the game is supposed to come in. I hear you though.  If I get the house decently clean I can get a quick bike ride in before 1:25 and most of the food prepped up for the next few days. Old (young?) me would just turn on the early game and get started on drinking but that leaves a Monday morning debt I no longer have the means to pay. 

Watching my son play a soccer game. All the distraction I need. 

I am more interested in the interview with Erin and Aaron.  The clip they show on TV makes it look like drafting Love was the issue with Rodgers.  My prediction for the game, Packers 17 Saints 13.  Winston throws for more yards then Rodgers, but Rodgers throw more TD's.  MVS is the star of the game for Packers.

18 minutes ago, jleisher said:

I am more interested in the interview with Erin and Aaron.  The clip they show on TV makes it look like drafting Love was the issue with Rodgers.  My prediction for the game, Packers 17 Saints 13.  Winston throws for more yards then Rodgers, but Rodgers throw more TD's.  MVS is the star of the game for Packers.

They showed the interview. Basically all about the committment past 2021 is what I took from it

47 minutes ago, jleisher said:

MVS is the star of the game for Packers.

I drafted on CBS Sportsline on Wed, and they had MVS waaaaaayyyy down the list. 

I'm not saying "OMG yes he's THE BEST" but I think #2 WR on the #1 offense, who had some really nice games, has had a good camp, and has all the physical tools should probably be like WR 70 at worst, not WR 110. 

19 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

I drafted on CBS Sportsline on Wed, and they had MVS waaaaaayyyy down the list. 

I'm not saying "OMG yes he's THE BEST" but I think #2 WR on the #1 offense, who had some really nice games, has had a good camp, and has all the physical tools should probably be like WR 70 at worst, not WR 110. 

I'm pretty sure they're ranking purely on past production rather than future speculation.

I wouldn't say MVS is in a GREAT position.

-#3/4 spot until he proves himself(Lazard was #2 last year and Cobb's back).
-Extremely shaky, can rip off a big gain one game and disappear for a couple of others.
-Past record of underachievement in the NFL.

Until he proves he can consistently hang as a starter, he's going to remain a Fantasy Afterthought(and low-risk late round sleeper).