Week 1: Packers @ Saints in Jacksonville GDT

mikebpackfan

3 hours ago, Old Guy said:

I was at the Michigan v. Michigan State game his senior year. He made an interception on the sideline I'll never forget. He one handed it, backhand and got his foot down inbounds. It was incredible and right across from where I was sitting. 

I wanted him in Green and Gold from that day forward. 

1997: Michigan vs. MSU - Woodson's one hand int - Bing video 

I don’t know if anyone alive watching football at that time will forget that play. Freak. My favorite Packer not named Rodgers or Favre. 

• Like 2

I honestly think we're going to roll New Orleans. Jameis is the starter but they carry 4 QB's, Taysom Hill has expressed a bit of disgruntlement, their best receiver(Tre'Quan Smith doesn't scare me), and they just cut a better-than-average RB2 due to $$$. I don't think we'll pick-6 Jameis, but I'd still make that bet if it's available. I also think our front-7 is going to be in that backfield routinely and Kamara will score two TD's in garbage time. LOL Montravious Adams and Christian Ringo are their DT's with Ringo being a starter. Their defense is really the only part of that team that worries me at this point, but we made mincemeat out of the LA Rams' #1 defense in the playoffs with an identical roster and no Bakh so I'm not too concerned. All we have to do is control the clock by running over them and embarrass Jameis. 

Packers 29
Saints 17

2 hours ago, Joe said:

I honestly think we're going to roll New Orleans. Jameis is the starter but they carry 4 QB's, Taysom Hill has expressed a bit of disgruntlement, their best receiver(Tre'Quan Smith doesn't scare me), and they just cut a better-than-average RB2 due to $$$. I don't think we'll pick-6 Jameis, but I'd still make that bet if it's available. I also think our front-7 is going to be in that backfield routinely and Kamara will score two TD's in garbage time. LOL Montravious Adams and Christian Ringo are their DT's with Ringo being a starter. Their defense is really the only part of that team that worries me at this point, but we made mincemeat out of the LA Rams' #1 defense in the playoffs with an identical roster and no Bakh so I'm not too concerned. All we have to do is control the clock by running over them and embarrass Jameis. 

Packers 29
Saints 17

Bold statement! Their offensive line is stacked. 

26 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Bold statement! Their offensive line is stacked. 

That is definitely their offensive strength. NO went all in on Brees’ last years and couldn’t get there. They will have to balance the books this year and next but a solid line will help whoever the quarterback of the future hopes to be. Payton is creative but they will know pretty quickly if the guys they have now are part of the future. 

Depending on how this year transitions into next, we might have some parallels on how to move on without a HOF QB. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Refugee said:

That is definitely their offensive strength. NO went all in on Brees’ last years and couldn’t get there. They will have to balance the books this year and next but a solid line will help whoever the quarterback of the future hopes to be. Payton is creative but they will know pretty quickly if the guys they have now are part of the future. 

Depending on how this year transitions into next, we might have some parallels on how to move on without a HOF QB. 

Except we have another HOF QB waiting in the wings! 😁