Week 1: Packers @ Saints in Jacksonville GDT

mikebpackfan

1 hour ago, {Family Ghost} said:

It could fall apart for him quickly at some point, but if you ask me he just might go until he's 50.  Brady's longevity has me thinking that the Packers are going to ink Aaron for another three or four.  I really think when it comes down to it the Packers are not going to want to begin the post Aaron era just yet.  

Lets see how he looks in November but his hail mary as he rolled right looked very Rodgers-esque last night. Tom Brady really might be better than he has ever been right now. 

I have to wonder if we shouldn't just rest Z for two weeks with all these offensive players from the Saints listed as out. All the defense is going to have to do at this point is show up, contain Kamara, and pressure Winston every chance they get. We may not need to score 30+ to win this game so long as we get a 2 or 3 score lead and eat the clock.

Ergo I have to change my score prediction:

Packers 28
Saints 10

GREEN BAY – The Packers have listed linebacker Za'Darius Smith (back) as questionable for Sunday's opener against the New Orleans Saints.

Fourth-year defensive lineman Tyler Lancaster (back) is also questionable, while safety Vernon Scott (hamstring) has been ruled out.

Smith, who returned to practice Monday, was a limited participant on Wednesday and Thursday but wasn't on the field Friday. The two-time Pro Bowler missed all but one of the team's open practices in August after starting camp on the non-football injury list.

"I wouldn't say it's a setback, but he's feeling some things," said Head Coach Matt LaFleur about Smith's absence after Friday's practice. "We thought it was in the best interests to leave him out and then give him the next 48 hours to kind of prove whether or not he can go out there and play."

Linebacker Preston Smith (head) and tight end Marcedes Lewis (veteran rest) were removed from the injury report and are expected to be available against the Saints.

New Orleans will be without starting cornerback Ken Crawley and receiver Tre'Quan Smith after both missed practice this week with hamstring injuries.

Tackle James Hurst (knee) has been ruled out, while cornerback Marshon Lattimore (knee) and tackle Terron Armstead (back) didn't receive game designations and are expected to be available.

https://www.packers.com/news/packers-saints-week-1-injury-report-2021