Week 1: Packers @ Saints in Jacksonville GDT

mikebpackfan

17 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

The Saints have a WR who’s name is literally Lil'Jordan Humphrey 

I ROTFLMAO when he was a prospect a couple years ago. A bit surprised he'd be comfortable with that name....then again, Terry Bradshaw named his lapdog "bubba"...

20 hours ago, Old Guy said:

In this circumstance, yes because Lancaster is less than 100% health wise. I am not for playing guys who are not as good currently to see if they can become better than the current player down the road. You put your best out there and if Heflin improves in practice to the point he's passed him or Lancaster becomes a complete liability in games then yes. 

Heflin will get his chances during the season. He has to make the most of those opportunities when they come and prove he belongs on the gameday active roster over somebody else. 

That's the point; you don't know what you have in the guy until you can actually get live in-game snaps IMO. Tons of guys practice well and STB on Sundays.

3 hours ago, Siman08/OH said:

This game is going to be a joke. I want Z to play simply so he can get 2 sacks and pad that surprise DPOY campaign. 

Jaire gonna get 2 picks and return one for a 6. 

Rodgers bout to go 17-20 for 275 and 4tds 

Packers 38

Saints 10

Saints were the best team in football last year. If we beat them in JAX 38-10 despite the changes we are the easy SB favorite.

12 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Saints were the best team in football last year. If we beat them in JAX 38-10 despite the changes we are the easy SB favorite.

Huh? I'd say forth or fifth tops. 

Also, I think the 38-10 prediction by previous poster is wishful thinking. 

6 hours ago, Leader said:

Green Bay Packers -    Week 1 vs. the Saints is the first of 10 games against teams that made the playoffs last season, the most in the league.

Not who you play but when you play them, as always. Saints, Washington, and especially Chicago account for 4 of those games and I would be surprised if any of those 3 teams make the playoffs this year. On the flip side, I see the 49ers and Vikings games being much harder this year

12 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Saints are a veteran team, especially on defense, so I think this game will be closer than some expect. Packers should win but Week 1 is typically a crap-shoot anyways. I'll say 28-24 Packers.

I think it'll be close after the first half and then GB pulls away in the 3rd. Something like 17-13 at the half with a final score of 34-20 GB

13 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

This game should be a nice chance for a look at New Orleans DE Marcus Davenport. He was one of two pass rushers I liked in the 2018 draft (the other was Landry). Landry went on to be a linebacker (pick 41) for the Titans, while my preference, Davenport, went at pick 14 (which was the Packers pick before trades), and became a solid DE for NO. Should be a nice test for the Packers re-vamped O line. Of course the Packers struck gold in that draft at pick 18 with Jaire Alexander, no way I'd swap players with hindsight, but I will keep an eye on Davenport, because sofa so good :(

I’d take Jaire over Davenport by a lot. And id take Jaire and Savage over Davenport by a lot a lot.

• Like 1