Week 1: Packers @ Saints in Jacksonville GDT

mikebpackfan

Just now, Norm said:

Real talk, how much of this do we need to blame on not playing at all with the starters really in the preseason?

I'm sure that was one of the contributing factors. That and the heat, off-season drama, new DC, etc. But as the season progresses some of those will be removed as reasons if they continue to stink up the field. 

1 minute ago, Rodjahs12 said:

I touched on this after the last preseason game that it would be something that would come up if this team came out flat to start the year. Well here we are.

It makes sense. I think I was in denial about it a bit because it seemed like we had all these good camp reports, like you do anyways though

1 minute ago, Norm said:

Real talk, how much of this do we need to blame on not playing at all with the starters really in the preseason?

Or our QB not showing up to any of the OTA's? I'm not sure and at this point I don't care. Just pissed at the effort. We allegedly are way too talented on both sides of the ball for this to have happened. Yet here we are. 

3 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

1. The defense was bad.

2. The offense was bad. 

Having 1 made 2 worse. Having 2 made 1 worse. Does that pretty much sum it up for you?

This is exactly what I've been saying all along. I never once said Rodgers was good in this game. My argument is that Rodgers being trash in this game highlighted just how flawed this team is and that the overall result of this goes beyond the QB position. People here do not want to hear that because it doesn't jive with their preconceived feelings of Rodgers the person. 

Edited by Rodjahs12

2 minutes ago, Norm said:

Could be part of it, but the deepest issues are we saw the same problems we've had on defense for years, and this time our offense, led by 12, sucked as well. Reminded me of the SF NFCCG. Dominated in the trenches, no rhythm on offense, and a defense that was absolute garbage in just about every way.

• Like 1