Week 1: Packers @ Saints in Jacksonville GDT

mikebpackfan

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I actually have felt this way for a while. I know the rule is you pretty much always defer, but I'm tired of our offense getting the ball every damn game with half the quarter gone and us being down by 3 or 7. 

I hate deferring too. I'm guessing it's supposed to give you a field advantage overall when you stop them, but I'd never do it. It's lame

9 minutes ago, Norm said:

It makes sense. I think I was in denial about it a bit because it seemed like we had all these good camp reports, like you do anyways though

I don’t think the lack of preseason reps is why we got what we did today I think our front 7 got badly exposed by the best offensive line in football first and foremost. 

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Andrus Peat (13th overall), Erick McCoy (48th overall), Cesar Ruiz (24th overall), and Ryan Ramczyk (32nd overall).  Let's compare that to the Packers.  Kenny Clark (27th overall), Kingsley Keke (150th overall), Dean Lowry (137th overall), and TJ Slaton (173rd overall).  I rest my case.

Draft status doesn't always mean better than.  I knew the Saints have a top 3 OL.  I just thought some of our guys would show up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rodjahs12 said:

I don’t think the lack of preseason reps is why we got what we did today I think our front 7 got badly exposed by the best offensive line in football first and foremost. 

We had the same issue on offense too for the most part, we couldn't get any run game push and that seemed to have ****ed **** up too. Which isn't a huge surprise with all the moving parts in there

4 minutes ago, Norm said:

We had the same issue on offense too for the most part, we couldn't get any run game push and that seemed to have ****ed **** up too. Which isn't a huge surprise with all the moving parts in there

We usually always struggle if Jones can't get going, it just sets up so many great things in Lafleurs scheme and it gets guys open with playaction. Today we just matched up with our weapons vs theirs. And if no one gets open, we struggle hard.

Edited by Gopackgonerd
  • Like 1

Just now, Norm said:

No it's every other player and coach and GM and draft pick and scheme and every other thing that's ever been here, but not him.. No way. Can't be

he's good at elevating the guys around him when things go well, and he's equally terrible at dragging them down to his piss-boy level when they do not go well.

10 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I actually have felt this way for a while. I know the rule is you pretty much always defer, but I'm tired of our offense getting the ball every damn game with half the quarter gone and us being down by 3 or 7. 

If I had a shred of belief in the defense, I would agree.