Week 1: Packers @ Saints in Jacksonville GDT

mikebpackfan

7 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Draft status doesn't always mean better than.  I knew the Saints have a top 3 OL.  I just thought some of our guys would show up.

You don't draft someone high with the expectation of them being busts.  And none of them were rookies.  They were all proven vets.  When your second best DL is arguably a rookie DL with motor issue, that's not a recipe for success.  Our DL is an issue outside of Kenny Clark.

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

You don't draft someone high with the expectation of them being busts.  And none of them were rookies.  They were all proven vets.  When your second best DL is arguably a rookie DL with motor issue, that's not a recipe for success.  Our DL is an issue outside of Kenny Clark.

pretty sure you're the only one here who thinks Slaton is the 2nd best DL...

I feel like deferring gives you way more value which ever way you take it. I mean hell we only gave up 3 on the opening drive, if the offense scores there its a hell of a lot better. For momentum sake it could help, but when you really break it down its not going to change things much if their defense shuts us down anyways. 

4 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

I feel like deferring gives you way more value which ever way you take it. I mean hell we only gave up 3 on the opening drive, if the offense scores there its a hell of a lot better. For momentum sake it could help, but when you really break it down its not going to change things much if their defense shuts us down anyways. 

I'm 100% in favor of deferring every time as well. Even though we have a big baby QB who can't handle playing from behind.

Just now, Rodjahs12 said:

What's really going to suck is that this team is still going to have these fatal flaws even if Love is good. Then what? Then will we be able to talk about these issues or are we going to find reasons to hate him personally as well?

false

the biggest flaw with this team leaves when Rodgers does

Edited by incognito_man

Just now, CWood21 said:

Is this a tallest midget situation?  And I'm not talking about @Norm.

yes

he has upside, but he's probably not what you'd call "good" right now.

DL was and still is the biggest weakness on this roster. 

our young OL was done NO favors by staff to get ZERO quality reps with the 1st time offense this offseason. But they at least have wayyy more depth. They'll get better as the season goes on, not sure the DL will.

34 minutes ago, Leader said:

Matt LaFleur: “I did a pretty bad job getting these guys ready to play.”

Yep..

he got cute by not playing the team in the preseason… Come on Arod has no off-season and team has chance to come into rhytam in preseason and he didn’t do that.

Playing in Jacksonville didn’t helped either…