Week 1: Packers @ Saints in Jacksonville GDT

mikebpackfan

11 hours ago, Leader said:

Andy Herman -   The Packers felt they could fix their defensive issues with a new chef in the kitchen, rather than adding new ingredients. Outside of De'Vondre Campbell instead of Christian Kirksey - this is the exact same starting defense. So far, same results.

Except we went out and looked for a chef that had 90% the same cooking philosophy as our old chef. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, HokieHigh said:

that hit by zadarius smith was clean and good, it was good to see him show some life... but irrelevant to the outcome of the game.

didn't seem overly impactful on the game

His back is bad, and is probably going to be a problem all season.

That kind of load management in TC is bad news for a veteran, that's the sort of thing that screams "This is a problem, so we're just going to try and limit exposure and pray it doesn't flare up in the season." 

I would be SHOCKED if he played all 17 games and had a significantly impactful season this year. 7 sacks incoming :(

11 hours ago, Rodjahs12 said:

What's really going to suck is that this team is still going to have these fatal flaws even if Love is good. Then what? Then will we be able to talk about these issues or are we going to find reasons to hate him personally as well?

We get 40 million dollars to spend on defensive players when Rodgers leaves. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, incognito_man said:

I think there's still some confusion. You said "let's stop pretending otherwise" in reference to the DL being bad, when literally no one was pretending otherwise.

SO ....... why isn't Packer brass seeing this horse crap DL situation?  If nobody on this site is pretending they aren't bad, why in the heck are they there? 

Just now, coachbuns said:

SO ....... why isn't Packer brass seeing this horse crap DL situation?  If nobody on this site is pretending they aren't bad, why in the heck are they there? 

Because LaFleur thought that if the Packers only sucked against good teams last year without Pettine teaching any kind of gap integrity or actual run game scheme other than getting upfield, maybe we wouldn’t suck as bad if we taught that and just ignored our serious lack of talent there.

Just now, Outpost31 said:

Because LaFleur thought that if the Packers only sucked against good teams last year without Pettine teaching any kind of gap integrity or actual run game scheme other than getting upfield, maybe we wouldn’t suck as bad if we taught that and just ignored our serious lack of talent there.

Good god .. did they actually think the talent was there?  It's hard to believe they really thought the DL was good enough to compete.  Put that stupid concept together with what appears to be a bad choice at D coordinator and it could be a long year.  One game doesn't make a season but it sure the hell puts one on edge.

5 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I don't know if I can keep watching these DL rotations. 3rd and 2 on the Packers 17 and it's:

Z-Keke-Lancaster-Lowry-Garvin

This makes me want to vomit. 

I agree but think the other guys were gassed. The first two drives were 15 plays each. The whole game was a dumpster fire. 

42 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

We get 40 million dollars to spend on defensive players when Rodgers leaves. 

This is true and a fair reason to be optimistic about it going forward. We have to make the right acquisitions in free agency I say free agency because the only hope of a fast fix for this front 7 particularly the line is with established veterans capable of  playing well right now. We seen this with Z when we had no edge rushers so it absolutely can be done, but it’s likely going to take time even if we do everything right and I just don’t see the patience from fans to give it that sort of time. 

Edited by Rodjahs12

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

On 3rd and 2 with 1 play left until the end of the 1st quarter, they need to fight through that. 

While I don't disagree with you that is not the mindset of most modern athletes. It would have taken an army to get guys like Reggie White out in those situations. 

Garvin getting meaningful snaps is a real issue. He's got zero pass rush ability and is below average against the run.

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I don't know if I can keep watching these DL rotations. 3rd and 2 on the Packers 17 and it's:

Z-Keke-Lancaster-Lowry-Garvin

This makes me want to vomit. 

Not sure what point in the game this happened, but it smells of "heat rotation"
Be interested to see what Clarke, Slaton & Efflin would look like in terms of run support.