Week 1: Packers @ Saints in Jacksonville GDT

mikebpackfan

18 minutes ago, cannondale said:

I read somewhere that the OL allowed pressure on 42% of the pass attempts - which doesn't sound great to me. I assume there are many different ways to evaluate the OL performance. 

Rodgers was sacked once, on a play he fully and freely admitted was his fault. 

At some point, we've got to stop looking for excuses. 

• Like 1

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

Rodgers was sacked once, on a play he fully and freely admitted was his fault. 

At some point, we've got to stop looking for excuses. 

I'm just relaying what I read. I just checked and it was PFF FWIW.  Without an actual effort to see if the run game would have been successful, I'm taking a pass on grading the OL for now. 

Just now, cannondale said:

I'm just relaying what I read. I just checked and it was PFF FWIW.  Without an actual effort to see if the run game would have been successful, I'm taking a pass on grading the OL for now. 

I'm going to relay what I read, too:

Zach Kruse -   QB Aaron Rodgers thought the protection was really good on Sunday, and PFF had the Packers as the second-highest pass-blocking OL in Week 1. Not insignificant despite the result.

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

Zach Kruse -   QB Aaron Rodgers thought the protection was really good on Sunday, and PFF had the Packers as the second-highest pass-blocking OL in Week 1. Not insignificant despite the result.

Hence the "there are many different ways to evaluate performance"

On offense I was puzzled why we didn't run the ball more early in the game, most notably throughout the 2nd possession.  

I was also surprised of course at how bad Rodg looked, was he checking out of called runs to boot?  I realize our time of possession was terrible and then the game got away but there was still time enough to notice it.

On defense I was puzzled by what our safeties were doing, or weren't doing.  Where were they?  I didn't see them add much in deep coverage and I didn't see them coming up to support the run stop.  They were invisible.  The whole D-Line including Clark were doing a dancing bear impression and our inside LB's looked soft.

Now not only is Ol Rodg pouting but Z Smith is whining.  Frenchy better take control of this team and now before it's too late.

16 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Fake news