GDT 9/13/21 Week 1: 0-0 Baltimore Ravens vs 0-0 Las Vegas Raiders

DreamKid

50 minutes ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

I just wanna know what we saw in Villanueva. I have faith Stanley is gonna get better but it really does just look like our big plan was to trade Zeus to a would-be rival and then replace him with a has-been. 

They bet on an end of the career Vet, and lost. Plenty examples of us winning that gamble,... but this time we lost. Most egregious aspect to this whole thing is how carefree we've been at the Tackle position overall. Jermaine Eluemanor and James Hurst were a pretty solid backup/swing tackle duo. We traded away Jermaine and Hurst was let go. Both were never replaced. We selected a draft & develop Tackle option in Greg Senat and the Chiefs claimed him off waivers while we were doing the PS dance. He was never replaced. Finally Orlando demands a trade and we ship him out. Then the only replacement we bring in is AV.

AV, Andre Smith, and guys we've drafted or brought in to play IOL have been our only additions to Tackle. That's disgusting. To state it as plainly as possible the only true Tackles on our roster are a LT returning from season ending injury and a 32 year old dice roll vet coming off his worst career year and transitioning to a new position(RT). Honestly,... that's crazy for me to even type. WTF Were we thinking? Ja'Wuan James sitting on the NFI list almost makes the situation more infuriating too. Like the only thing they're going to do for the position is some weird hail mary shot at a late season off injury addition. It's almost like a taunt of sorts. 

We've been short a pipeline Tackle, at least one (but really two) backup Tackle(s), and are now short a capable RT(Which isn't that hard to find). It's intolerable neglect, and the FO deserves all the criticism it's getting and will get on this issue. 

Keep missing on IOL prospects while underinvesting at Tackle and you'll quickly have yourself a sh*t offensive line- which earns you what we saw against the Raiders. 

On 9/13/2021 at 7:04 PM, DreamKid said:

Murray doesn't have good vision either.

This is the kind of stuff I was talking about on game night.

Greater than 40-50% chance this same play is a house call for Dobbins or even Gus. 40 yards and one safety to beat? That's child's play for those two. These injuries just suck so bad. 

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

He's coming along fast. Yes I am still lurking here because you guys play KC this week.

One of the first things I thought of when we drafted him was that his sub 4.4 speed would be such an asset when QBs like Mahomes try to forever-scramble until one of their talented pass catchers come open. 

You can tell on this end of the half Sack from Oweh that Carr just gets caught by surprise. Can't blame him, how many EDGE players have that kind of speed? Carr is an underrated athlete at the position too. So I'm hoping Odafe can replicate this Sunday night against Mahomes. Even if he doesn't get home for the Sack, the pressure will go a long way. With guys like Mahomes, Allen, Murray, and even our own Jackson- half of their game is really just boiled down to "keep moving until someone comes open". Simple as it sounds, it's highly effective and rage inducing when it works against your team. Speed in the defensive front can be a major deterrent to such a tactic and they don't make them faster than Oweh. Would love to see him sit Mahomes down- multiple times. Sucks we have to face the AFC's Super Bowl favorite at such an inopportune time(Injuries, Short Week, etc), especially since we've yet to beat them during the Lamar era, but that's the NFL 🤷‍♂️. No complaining allowed. I expect our guys to regroup and then attempt to decapitate the Chiefs. Should be fun. I'm also expecting Mahomes to whine for a penalty after every other play(Cause god knows he will 🙄).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DreamKid said:

One of the first things I thought of when we drafted him was that his sub 4.4 speed would be such an asset when QBs like Mahomes try to forever-scramble until one of their talented pass catchers come open. 

You can tell on this end of the half Sack from Oweh that Carr just gets caught by surprise. Can't blame him, how many EDGE players have that kind of speed? Carr is an underrated athlete at the position too. So I'm hoping Odafe can replicate this Sunday night against Mahomes. Even if he doesn't get home for the Sack, the pressure will go a long way. With guys like Mahomes, Allen, Murray, and even our own Jackson- half of their game is really just boiled down to "keep moving until someone comes open". Simple as it sounds, it's highly effective and rage inducing when it works against your team. Speed in the defensive front can be a major deterrent to such a tactic and they don't make them faster than Oweh. Would love to see him sit Mahomes down- multiple times. Sucks we have to face the AFC's Super Bowl favorite at such an inopportune time(Injuries, Short Week, etc), especially since we've yet to beat them during the Lamar era, but that's the NFL 🤷‍♂️. No complaining allowed. I expect our guys to regroup and then attempt to decapitate the Chiefs. Should be fun. I'm also expecting Mahomes to whine for a penalty after every other play(Cause god knows he will 🙄).

Believe me things always fall in the Chiefs favor. We see it time and time again. And yeah this dude is a freak. He was very boom or bust depending on where he went. This was a good landing spot for him.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DreamKid said:

This is the kind of stuff I was talking about on game night.

Greater than 40-50% chance this same play is a house call for Dobbins or even Gus. 40 yards and one safety to beat? That's child's play for those two. These injuries just suck so bad. 

And of course, Murray's vision sucks and AV gets destroyed by the guy he's blocking.