Who is this years James Robinson? Tony Jones or Tyson Williams????

Humble_Beast

I'm not sure we'll see any RB come out of nowhere and produce 1,000+ yards rushing. But I think Tony Jones Jr has a better chance of being productive than Williams. The Saints have split their carries pretty evenly between Kamara/Murray over the last couple of seasons and they obviously feel good about TJJ or they wouldn't have moved on from Murray. And in a situation where Kamara goes down TJJ would be the feature back on a team with one of the best OL's in the NFL. Williams is going to have to split touches with Edwards, Bell, and Lamar. 

Id rather have Jones but the JRob situation was very different

1. We were in full rebuild

2. We cut Fournette to start the year, clearly they believed in him enough

3. if you look at the breakdown by carries he was the bellcow which most backups wont be

The Saints cutting Murray is the most significant thing that happened because they didnt have to whereas the Ravens need to fill the Gus role now that Gus is the new Dobbins, that doesnt mean Williams gets all that work though

As of this very moment Ty'Son is positioned really well to be that guy. I don't consider Bell or Freeman to be legitimate threats to him. The biggest question with Ty'Son is if he can hold up in pass pro. If he can, skies the limit. If he can't, Baltimore is going to be a rotating carousel of frustrating fantasy question marks. 

I'll take that ceiling over what TJJ's is assuming Kamara's health. 

How much FAAB would you use on Ty'Son? Here's my team:

QB: Rodgers and Lawrence
RB: Henry, Barkley, D. Montgomery, Javonte Williams, Devontae Booker
WR: Aiyuk, Deebo, DeVonta Smith, Will Fuller, Chark
TE: Tonyan

Would be dumping Lawrence for the pickup. Also have a claim on Terrace Marshall if I don't get Ty'Son.

1 hour ago, VikeManDan said:

Anyone hearing anything as to why the Ravens went away from Ty'Son in the 2nd half last night?

Here is my 100% pulled out of my ***, completely made up, no football experience talking, Ty'Son Williams fantasy owner, trying to convince myself myself logic:

-------------------

Pass Pro is usually a bit more complex team-to-team than "run a counter/whatever" concept, so after seeing Williams do well early, they used him more in pass pro (as he was more familiar than Murray) and spelled him in the second half running the ball. 

I'm thinking as Murray becomes more familiar with the protection schemes, we could see it shift more towards Murray in that role (TW missed some blocks) and they use Williams to the best of his abilities.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Soggust said:

Here is my 100% pulled out of my ***, completely made up, no football experience talking, Ty'Son Williams fantasy owner, trying to convince myself myself logic:

-------------------

Pass Pro is usually a bit more complex team-to-team than "run a counter/whatever" concept, so after seeing Williams do well early, they used him more in pass pro (as he was more familiar than Murray) and spelled him in the second half running the ball. 

I'm thinking as Murray becomes more familiar with the protection schemes, we could see it shift more towards Murray in that role (TW missed some blocks) and they use Williams to the best of his abilities.

Pass pro definitely makes sense seemed to be a lose-lose with the inexperience of a rookie and new addition in that regard. I'm trying to remain positive because he certainly looked good running the ball. They should've never veered away from that in the 2nd half, think he had one or two carries...

9 hours ago, Soggust said:

-------------------

Raiders literally won because Williams didn't block Nassib, which resulted in the last fumble

12 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Raiders literally won because Williams didn't block Nassib, which resulted in the last fumble

We just giving the RT a free pass on that one? Not sure how you just let a DE right by you.

Agree that Williams has a way to go regarding pass-pro but the veteran Murray probably should've been on the field for that play anyways.