The Matrix Resurrections (2021) - Trailer debuts

D82

The book The Third Eye does not seem to be similar to the Matrix in almost anyway outside of being a Sci Fi story.  Unless there is another individual that claims the story was stolen from them as well?

If this dude is correct, that Sophia Stewart lady is a nut job.  The Wachowski's should have total claim of The Matrix and the story that they wrote and movie that they directed.  

https://www.amazon.com/Third-Eye-Sophia-Stewart/dp/0978539648

Granted others were involved with the film of course, the cinematographer Bill Pope had a ton to do with it as well.  He also was the cinematographer 'director of photography' on Spider-Man 2 which was a great film then Army of Darkness, Spider-Man 3, Men in Black 3 and other Wachowski films in Bound and Matrix Reloaded and Revolutions.  Also recently was the 'director of photography' in Alita: Battle Angel, not that great of a film but an interesting attempt at a totally digital character combined with human characters.  

Yeah this lady is a nut.  "I am a prodigy" "I went to school with Marcus Allen and Ronnie Lott"  And she was apparently engaged to Marry Muhammed Ali while at USC.

Edited by Ozzy

4 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Also, Ozzy, although I agree with you on this franchise, I just want to point out... Seeing a lot of movies doesn't make you smart about a lot of movies, it just means you've seen a lot of movies.

I'm not surprised that Outpost is the voice of reason.

I am also incredibly surprised (and a little scared) that Outpost is the voice of reason.

• Like 6

i thought this movie sucked. i really wanted to walk out when the bad man was going on a 5 minute monologue in slow motion, i felt like i was dying

edit:  i loved Matrix 1 and only saw 2-3 once when the first came out

Edited by tab
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, tab said:

i thought this movie sucked. i really wanted to walk out when the bad man was going on a 5 minute monologue in slow motion, i felt like i was dying

edit:  i loved Matrix 1 and only saw 2-3 once when the first came out

When the Merovingian started doing that whole meta spiel it really took me out of the movie and it just kinda went downhill from there. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Why did they decide to make this?

giphy.gif?cid=790b76110bd7f9d4cf6095024d

Apparently has not worked out yet.

"The Matrix Resurrections takes blue pill at box office, bombs with $22.8M in 5 days against Spider-Man: No Way Home with $1B."

I guess it cost $190 million to make, as of now I assume these are worldwide numbers at the Box Office, it has made $68.7 mil.

5 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

giphy.gif?cid=790b76110bd7f9d4cf6095024d

Apparently has not worked out yet.

"The Matrix Resurrections takes blue pill at box office, bombs with $22.8M in 5 days against Spider-Man: No Way Home with $1B."

I guess it cost $190 million to make, as of now I assume these are worldwide numbers at the Box Office, it has made $68.7 mil.

HBOmax says hi

8 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

HBOmax says hi

Very true, but I assume they get far less money when someone streams it compared to going to the theatre.  Not sure the breakdown on that though, apparently had 2.8 million streams on HBO Max or something, not sure how many actual dollars that comes out to though, say it is $10 a stream which I doubt, that is only 28 million, still not that great of a five day period and would not even pay for the budget of the film.

47 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Very true, but I assume they get far less money when someone streams it compared to going to the theatre.  Not sure the breakdown on that though, apparently had 2.8 million streams on HBO Max or something, not sure how many actual dollars that comes out to though, say it is $10 a stream which I doubt, that is only 28 million, still not that great of a five day period and would not even pay for the budget of the film.

You are looking at it through box office mindset. Obviously total amount of streams is important to measure it's impact, but it's about adding to the subscriber count and maintaining the current number. That's the measure of success for them. Unless you are Disney+ and do premium releases for $30 a pop. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

You are looking at it through box office mindset. Obviously total amount of streams is important to measure it's impact, but it's about adding to the subscriber count and maintaining the current number. That's the measure of success for them. Unless you are Disney+ and do premium releases for $30 a pop. 

Very true and maybe that is all Warner Brothers cares about.  Either way it would be impressive if they just made their budget of $190 mil, most likely they will not and overall that is a pretty big failure as a film if so.  The Matrix Resurrections is easily one of the worst films on HBO max right now, granted it is one of their few new releases but is in line with what Space Jam: A New Legacy.  

So if you have HBO max, no crap one would watch this film just because if one is looking for something new, there is no much on there.  

"The first weekend household viewership figure on James Gunn’s The Suicide Squad was 2.8M.  Also by comparison, Wonder Woman 1984, the first of the HBO Max-theatrical pandemic titles was watched by 2.2M households in its debut Christmas weekend a year ago."

So those numbers on streaming are not all that amazing and are pretty close to what these other two films got in comparison and one was last year.  

20 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Very true and maybe that is all Warner Brothers cares about.  Either way it would be impressive if they just made their budget of $190 mil, most likely they will not and overall that is a pretty big failure as a film if so.  The Matrix Resurrections is easily one of the worst films on HBO max right now, granted it is one of their few new releases but is in line with what Space Jam: A New Legacy.  

So if you have HBO max, no crap one would watch this film just because if one is looking for something new, there is no much on there.  

"The first weekend household viewership figure on James Gunn’s The Suicide Squad was 2.8M.  Also by comparison, Wonder Woman 1984, the first of the HBO Max-theatrical pandemic titles was watched by 2.2M households in its debut Christmas weekend a year ago."

So those numbers on streaming are not all that amazing and are pretty close to what these other two films got in comparison and one was last year.  

I imagine they roll all those budgets of films they release on the platform at a depreciating value and put it against their subscriber income and just make sure what they are spending on content overall reaches a certain budgeted profit margin while also factoring in actual Box Office returns as well. 

Someone get a budget accountant in here 

13 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

I imagine they roll all those budgets of films they release on the platform at a depreciating value and put it against their subscriber income and just make sure what they are spending on content overall reaches a certain budgeted profit margin while also factoring in actual Box Office returns as well. 

Someone get a budget accountant in here 

Yeah I have no clue, imagine back in the day one had video rentals from a store where  $7-$8 for that VHS of a newly released movie?  For what a day or two you had it then had to bring it back?  And that was back then, what that $7 would be $14 now a days with inflation.

Now that would get you a month subscription to most streaming services where you could watch hundreds of movies in that time if you really wanted to.

No clue how they make money now, say via Netflix you have a film you made 10 years ago that is killing it and tons of people watch it on Netflix.  What do you get off of that exactly as the maker of the film?  Then obviously Disney and Paramount have made their own steaming services for their own content but their content can still be seen on other platforms depending on what it is.

Freaking nuts really but Hollywood clearly has too much money already anyway.

7 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Yeah I have no clue, imagine back in the day one had video rentals from a store where  $7-$8 for that VHS of a newly released movie?  For what a day or two you had it then had to bring it back?  And that was back then, what that $7 would be $14 now a days with inflation.

Now that would get you a month subscription to most streaming services where you could watch hundreds of movies in that time if you really wanted to.

No clue how they make money now, say via Netflix you have a film you made 10 years ago that is killing it and tons of people watch it on Netflix.  What do you get off of that exactly as the maker of the film?  Then obviously Disney and Paramount have made their own steaming services for their own content but their content can still be seen on other platforms depending on what it is.

Freaking nuts really but Hollywood clearly has too much money already anyway.

Your brick and mortar video rental example has a TON of overhead that is non-existent with streaming. That probably more than makes up for the revenue discrepancies. It's one of those weird perfect scenarios where the provider both cuts costs and hits better margins while the consumer gets more at the same time. 

23 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Your brick and mortar video rental example has a TON of overhead that is non-existent with streaming. That probably more than makes up for the revenue discrepancies. It's one of those weird perfect scenarios where the provider both cuts costs and hits better margins while the consumer gets more at the same time. 

I miss those brick and mortar days "Video Magic" was the one in my town.  I recall as a kid going down there and we rented Congo, Cliffhanger and one other one as a family for New Years Eve, it was awesome!

ignorance_is_bliss_matrix.gif

41 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I miss those brick and mortar days "Video Magic" was the one in my town.  I recall as a kid going down there and we rented Congo, Cliffhanger and one other one as a family for New Years Eve, it was awesome!

ignorance_is_bliss_matrix.gif

mine was Movie Scene

download.jpg