Game 1: San Francisco 49ers @ Detroit Lions

Louis Friend

You guys had a good game.

This is much of what we’ve seen from Goff with the Rams:

Cost you and keep you in the game at the same time. 

buy hopefully he will improve and you guys win some games. It’s a big thing to hold your hat on to stay competitive with the 9ers whom many think will be the reps for the NFC in the Super Bowl 

6 hours ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Sewell looked good.

He did. A couple of mistakes but he wasn't overmatched. Very promising. Bosa  mentioned that Sewell looked better and more comfortable on the left and I'm inclined to agree. I think Decker is out for a minute so Sewell should get a good shot at it.

I was fine with trying Sewell on the right, but I think the future is now. Put Sewell back on the left and Decker on the right.  The OL will be better for it. I think Sewell has tremendous upside and Decker will be perhaps be the best RT in the league. Not to shabby.  The whole thought, imo, was to slowly bring Sewell along, and well, he just showed that is not necessary against one of the better ends in the game. The time is now.

17 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Respect to y'all for being able to watch this every week and care. It's painful. Hopefully, the Lions get better. Because this ain't pretty.

16 hours ago, jrry32 said:

I take back what I said earlier. That was fun. 😂

The epitome of being a Lions fan here. LOL. 

1 minute - “WTF am I even watching this crap? I’d rather mow the lawn”

5 minutes later - “wooow that was awesome!”

10 minutes later - “WTF am I doing watching this game?!?” 

it’s the life cycle of a lions fan. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, theuntouchable said:

The epitome of being a Lions fan here. LOL. 

1 minute - “WTF am I even watching this crap? I’d rather mow the lawn”

5 minutes later - “wooow that was awesome!”

10 minutes later - “WTF am I doing watching this game?!?” 

it’s the life cycle of a lions fan. 

Additionally………..throwing something heavy at the TV screen claiming to be done with the Lions.

Monday evening buying a new TV so not to miss the next Lions game.

• Like 1

Cheering for you all. Love me some Goff. But man does he make some mistakes. Easily gets rattled and he never steps up in the pocket. That INT he threw was the same exact same ones he made against SF, when he was here. He refuses to learn or adapt to new mechanics. It’s a shame because you see the talent! He throws a gorgeous ball. SF is always tough on him, glad y’all rallied back. Will keep watching! Baby lions fan here.

The difference and control between he and Stafford is night and day. Staffs TD to woods shows how he stays alive in the pocket. Pressure doesn’t faze him. While I know it’s kinda unfair! As Matthew knowing the Chi defense! It was a dream start for us skeptical rams fans. His movement is just gorgeous.. Oooooff. He’s not a giraffe standing in the pocket. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, El Ramster said:

Cheering for you all. Love me some Goff. But man does he make some mistakes. Easily gets rattled and he never steps up in the pocket. That INT he threw was the same exact same ones he made against SF, when he was here. He refuses to learn or adapt to new mechanics. It’s a shame because you see the talent! He throws a gorgeous ball. SF is always tough on him, glad y’all rallied back. Will keep watching! Baby lions fan here.

The difference and control between he and Stafford is night and day. Staffs TD to woods shows how he stays alive in the pocket. Pressure doesn’t faze him. While I know it’s kinda unfair! As Matthew knowing the Chi defense! It was a dream start for us skeptical rams fans. His movement is just gorgeous.. Oooooff. He’s not a giraffe standing in the pocket. 

I was watching the game last night and my first thought was how sad we are as an organization to waste so much of Stafford's career here.  He definitely was Lionized and you could see it in his demeanor after the game.  That was a revitalized Stafford and his play showed it. 

We never had a real team around him.  We had inept talent evaluators, inept coaches, and just constant change for him.  I hope he does well on a team with a good offense and a very good defense.  We gave him some pieces but it never all came together.  It was starting to and then we fired Caldwell for Patricia.  Im happy for him, but sad we dont get to see him have success here.   

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, LionArkie said:

Seeing Stafford in a Rams uni was bitter sweet. You can't help but to root for the guy, but I really would have loved to see him finish it in honolulu blue.  It's good to see him playing the way he does for LA though.

Let's say that Stafford wins a SB with the Rams in the next 3 years (with perennial deep playoff appearances). He is voted into the HOF. 

Does he go in as a Ram or a Lion?

53 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Let's say that Stafford wins a SB with the Rams in the next 3 years (with perennial deep playoff appearances). He is voted into the HOF. 

Does he go in as a Ram or a Lion?

Depends on how long his career is there but I would assume a Rams.  It would be the time with the Rams that really cemented it for him.