God of War: Ragnarok (Nov 9th)

BobbyPhil1781

Can’t wait, they definitely are going the “more of the same” route. But like I said in the PS5 thread, that’s not so bad when it was one of the best games of the generation.

That much gameplay makes me hopeful we could even get a summer release. Asides from having to track down a PS5 I’d take it to spread out this and Starfield more.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Can’t wait, they definitely are going the “more of the same” route. But like I said in the PS5 thread, that’s not so bad when it was one of the best games of the generation.

That much gameplay makes me hopeful we could even get a summer release. Asides from having to track down a PS5 I’d take it to spread out this and Starfield more.

Well,sequels to popular games are pretty much always "more of the same" with a few added mechanics to keep them fresh without changing what made it so popular.

16 minutes ago, 43M said:

Well,sequels to popular games are pretty much always "more of the same" with a few added mechanics to keep them fresh without changing what made it so popular.

More of the same in that this looks like they took the engine and everything and just expanded it into a second game. Almost like the way games do expansions/story DLC. Visual look thing. They won’t even be the only huge game that does this next year with Breath of the Wild 2. It’s not a big deal unless you’re someone that was holding out hope this would be some sort next gen showcase., like many people did when they teased it last year.

Last game was pretty, the mechanics were very tight. So I get wanting to stick to it closely, all I’ve wanted was more since I played the last one. Makes sense if they are closing out the Norse saga with this one and it’s one of the last crossgen games, that redoing everything for the sake of redoing it didn’t make a ton of sense.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, iknowcool said:

Sony could have released this without any trailer or gameplay footage and I still would buy it Day 1.  

Yeah, absolutely agreed. I didn't need to see this trailer. I don't need to see anything else. This will be a day 1 purchase....... but the trailer was still damn amazing lol

On 9/17/2021 at 7:18 PM, Shockwave said:

Ashamed to admit I still haven't beaten the final Valkyrie in the original game 😔

Ehh...I only beat one.   

I had some personal issues around the time I was going through the game the first time.   I beat the game and one valkyrie, but I abruptly stopped playing and never got back to it.  

Ill try to go back through it before Ragnarok comes out.    I still have to beat the Horizon ZD story expansion, too (Frozen Wilds, I think)

• 1 month later...
On 10/21/2021 at 6:35 PM, elevators_rule said:

So awesome to see more PS games coming to PC. Seems like it's becoming their new norm. Now we just need the FF7 remake and Bloodborne.

Jim Ryan sees the vision. I just need him to complete it. Us PC players need Gran Turismo and MLB The Show on PC, too. Life would then be complete.

Final Fantasy 7: Remake is for sure coming to PC. Just a matter of when. At the rate Playstation is going, I'd be very surprised if Bloodborne didn't eventually make the cut.

On 10/24/2021 at 9:10 PM, Supersuavesky said:

Again there really is no reason to get a PS now. Just get a PC, people need to get on board.

I for one would not love to wait 3 years to play Ragnarok. Also a PS5 is way more cost effective than a PC. 

But yeah, no reason to get a console!

(I have both a console and PC)

Edited by JBURGE
  • Like 2

On 10/26/2021 at 3:16 PM, JBURGE said:

I for one would not love to wait 3 years to play Ragnarok. Also a PS5 is way more cost effective than a PC. 

But yeah, no reason to get a console!

(I have both a console and PC)

I agree with him that AT THIS EXACT MOMENT, a PS5 isnt a must have....but Ragnarok, Horizon Forbidden West, Spiderman 2 and possibly Final Fantasy 16 and Wolverine will change all of that.  Hell, FF7 Remake part 2 might be out on PS5 before part 1 makes it to PC.

I have a good gaming PC and will upgrade when prices level out....but there are plenty of reasons to get a PS5....maybe not this minute, but in the next year or 2.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 43M said:

I agree with him that AT THIS EXACT MOMENT, a PS5 isnt a must have....but Ragnarok, Horizon Forbidden West, Spiderman 2 and possibly Final Fantasy 16 and Wolverine will change all of that.  Hell, FF7 Remake part 2 might be out on PS5 before part 1 makes it to PC.

I have a good gaming PC and will upgrade when prices level out....but there are plenty of reasons to get a PS5....maybe not this minute, but in the next year or 2.

I got a PS5 at launch and I can tell you there is no point in having the console yet too lol 

• Like 2