Game ball and jock straps

resilient part 2

I was happy mostly with what I was seeing.  TB is a difficult opponent to judge.  Normal schemes that would work just do not work with the experience of Brady and Gronk. I only saw one of two plays were players were not in the right position due to formation, the one where they did the hybrid blitz near the goal line came to mind.  That might work against a ton of teams, but not a elite QB with a elite TE. The play call by the D made for a easy completion between Brady and Gronk.  Luckily there are few teams that have that combo.   Offense for the most part was spot on.  There were a couple times that I had to say huh what were you thinking.  The WR screen worked very well all game for a change. But the one time it didn't I was shaking my head, that was when the pass went to Coop and Lamb was the blocker, not a great idea.  Also that running play that Zeke had near the goal line.   Sure Jarwin missed the block, but the big mistake was expecting Jarwin to get that block. That is not a skill that Jarwin has much experience and with missing so much time I feel was asking too much of him.  Schultz needed to be in for that play.  

I know I have zero issue with us abandoning the run game as quickly as we did.  Instead the quick passing attack worked great.   I guess I have one other issue with play calling.   On the last drive, it was clear we were starting to have problems blocking up the middle.   I would have called a planned roll out for Dak.  Dak had been executing that play extremely well, though not having Gallup does have an effect.  To me I would have done what ever I could to convert just one more first down when we had it at the 35.  AT least run two safe 1st and 2nd down plays that are designed to pick up at least 3-4 yards.  I have seen no one mention this BUT A first down there mostly likely WINS the game....

• Like 1