TNF Week 8: Miami (4-2) @ Baltimore (3-4)

cddolphin

Winner?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Winner?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/27/2017 at 12:25 AM

1 hour ago, NVRamsFan said:

I keep reading that Flacco should have slid sooner. Flacco has just as much time to slide sooner as Alonso has to avoid the contact. Yet we're expected to believe that both guys running at speed and only one of them, the guy who's the worse athlete, is the one who's able to adjust his trajectory to avoid collision. I don't like either player or either team but it's funny how two guys running and only one of them we're to believe is able to avoid contact.

Yup. And I mean, good lord, he pulls his shoulder down into Flacco's head. I get that when things are happening fast, you do things that you might not mean or even regret, but he still did it. He wanted the hit and he went for it with no regard for safety. He had ample time to just, you know, not throw his shoulder into Flacco.

6 hours ago, jrry32 said:

If you grab someone by the throat and shove them backwards, you've broken the law. The cops may or may not enforce it (that's discretionary), but you are at risk of going to jail if you live anywhere in America.

Yeah, like any situation, it's ultimately up to the cop to arrest the person and what charges are initially filed. 

3 hours ago, Jlowe22 said:

If you take reasonable steps to avoid confrontation and the guy is still in your face, you should be able to take action

Sure,that's one opinion. But you're confusing your own moral/ethical code with the actual laws enforced by state and federal government. Not sure why you can't grasp the difference.  Someone can get in your face and say what ever they want to you. If you try to walk away, and they block you path or obstruct you from walking away, then you have grounds for self defense. 

.  If you get in a cop's face and ignore warnings to back off you're gonna get handcuffed and skull drug to the back of the cop car.

Umm Sure, maybe that. But again, how is this in your mind the same situation? Is Ndamokung Suh in law enforcement? 

I live in Florida. And our state laws on battery and assault (or the law in general) are strict relative to most. 

For instance, if cops get called to a house or apartment or living quarters about any sort of dispute between 2 or more people, it's a domestic dispute. And in a domestic dispute, legally here in FL, one person has to be arrested and charged. That's up to the cops to decide based on evidence or witnesses etc. So you can bet your a** that if Suh did what he did to Mallett only without anything football related being in the equation that he'd get charged (aka if Mallett close to Suh and talked smack to him in the parking lot, and Sub did what he did, she the cops came, Suh is going to jail). 

6 hours ago, BAConrad said:

Sure,that's one opinion. But you're confusing your own moral/ethical code with the actual laws enforced by state and federal government. Not sure why you can't grasp the difference.  Someone can get in your face and say what ever they want to you. If you try to walk away, and they block you path or obstruct you from walking away, then you have grounds for self defense. 

I'm not confusing anything, and I've already given an example of the law not being enforced, if you reasonably attempt to avoid the guy.

As far as Suh goes, I'm not talking about Suh, and neither was the first person that brought up assault, since technically there are many things that happen outside the whistles that would be against the law.  Trying to claim Suh should go to jail for that is silly.  

And yes, Suh should be in jail, but the Ryan Mallet thing is just about the least egregious thing he's ever done.

Archived