La’el Collins Suspended 5 games

textaz03

56 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

So......can you explain to me then why you posted the comparison of Zeke to Watson? Because from where I am sitting, it speaks very loudly to favoritism for 1 player from 1 team and unfair treatment to another player from another team.

This is the definition of being bias.

The league is just absolutely awful at being judicial and even handed. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/cowboys-lael-collins-hopeful-suspension-could-be-lifted-continues-to-fight-for-further-appeal/

This is pretty wild if true…

1) Why the heck has he been drug tested 180 times over a year and a half. What kind of insane program is that?

2) He supposedly missed 7 tests over that period of time, often with mitigating circumstances.

This seems like a real load of you-know-what.

32 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/cowboys-lael-collins-hopeful-suspension-could-be-lifted-continues-to-fight-for-further-appeal/

1) Why the heck has he been drug tested 180 times over a year and a half. What kind of insane program is that?

2) He supposedly missed 7 tests over that period of time, often with mitigating circumstances.

This is hard for me to believe.

NFL policy allows for a maximum of 6 tests per year, iirc. This, if true is an obvious case of harassment. The NFL is dumb, but this would be on another level.

7 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Because the Cowboys? 

10 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

This is hard for me to believe.

NFL policy allows for a maximum of 6 tests per year, iirc. This, if true is an obvious case of harassment. The NFL is dumb, but this would be on another level.

I think if you are in the drug program, they can test you whenever they want to. So I think this would imply that La’El had previously tested positive.

But 10 tests a month over 18 months is absolutely insane.

24 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I think if you are in the drug program, they can test you whenever they want to. So I think this would imply that La’El had previously tested positive.

But 10 tests a month over 18 months is absolutely insane.

That would help justify the number on marginal level at least. Still can’t imagine someone from LC’s camp not raising a stink over this long ago.

To answer a question earlier and respond to this.  I personally feel the league is high handed when dealing with Dallas yes. While this might not be true they sure act like it.   The situation with Watson reinforced this to me.  As does this situation with Collins 10 tests a month seems crazy and really not warranted.   I just wonder how many players are being tested that often.   5 games for missing 7 tests seems very heavy handed when being tested every 3 days!    

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

So it sounds like Martin does not want to move outside to OT.  Bosa is going to dominate everybody we put out there but Martin.  

Have seen it pointed out that no sooner Martin moved out to OT he got injured...so I can see why he wouldn't. 

I think Steele might surprise us. We'll see. 

2 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Rashawn Slater was perfect on 49 pass block attempts v Washington last week. 

I’m still somewhat miffed Dallas didn’t take him. Especially when you account for their situation. Tyron is awesome and cheap, but sketchy to play out a full season. CW is in his final year. And, while it may amount to nothing, LC’s situation has to be in the back of their mind a little. 

1 hour ago, WizardHawk said:

I’m still somewhat miffed Dallas didn’t take him. Especially when you account for their situation. Tyron is awesome and cheap, but sketchy to play out a full season. CW is in his final year. And, while it may amount to nothing, LC’s situation has to be in the back of their mind a little. 

And he’s from Texas, and a huge Cowboys fan. I believe because of the historical performance the defense put up last year, they were all in on defense no matter what. Hopefully Parsons will be great, but I can’t imagine he will have the impact that Slater would right now.