La’el Collins Suspended 5 games

textaz03

It says something that this does not shock me at all any more.  The league does things that are VERY ANTI player and DALLAS COWBOY friendly all the time.  May be they do it to "ALL" the teams but being Dallas fans we only notice when it is against us.  This just goes to what I have seen after Jones pitched a fit a number of years ago and took a stance "against" the league office. After that the league has been quick to pull the trigger to PUNISH Dallas any way they can. I just remember the appeal on Zeke's case.  The appeal judge came out  and basically said.  Hey doesn't matter if the suspension is based on facts in evidence or not. The league had the power to do it, and did it so sorry appeal denied. 

Edited by quiller

Attempted bribe is rather insane. While even two games seems high could have lived with that.  Would be interesting to see how that “bribe” went.   Might have said something like “what do I have to do to make this go away”.  Which in a certain context can mean ….  what do I personally have to do to make up for missing a test I thought I was was excused for… instead of hey here is 5 grand make this go away …which comes to mind when you hear bribe.

high level sports people are used to problems being solved for them by admin types.  In high school, college pro’s rarely are there consequences for minor stuff.  Normally they just have to talk to a admin type or as a pro tell some one handle it and things get handled for them.   I mean minor of course miss a class fail a test speeding ticket and so forth.   Not right but way it is and has been.  Was way way worse in the day.   This has changed a lot over the last 10-years in high school / college but not as much as it should.   

Edited by quiller