Trade Deadline?

SimbaWho

Pretty dead on this forum honestly. Not that I expect a ton of die hard fans just thought there'd be more buzz about the Lions with them being a slightly above average team, actually good and all with a chance at our division for the first time in idk, 2 decades. 

But I digress. Lions have a few holes due to injury that really stick out and with teams out there doing badly I think Lions really need to go out, get agressive this trade deadline and attempt to make a move to put them over the top for this division and win it. RB Carlos Hyde is my favorite option to target and attempt to bring in here. Not sure what we could package with Ebron the other way but a mid round pick seems legit (3-5th rounds). A power runner to pair with Abdullah would really help out our offense and bring pressure off of pass protection and Staffords game as a whole. 

Not saying these guys are available but guys I'm definitely interested in and could possibly be more available than not compared to other players. ( DT Marcell Dareus, WR Martavious Bryant, RB Carlos Hyde, OT Duane Brown, RB Jeremy Hill, CB DRC. ) Just a few guys I'm personally interested in for the right prices. Whats other fans opinion, anyone else kind of toe tapping for a move to be made with the division so wide up and the gap between us and the Vikings not that wide, or are others more confident in the team and think it's fine we should stand pat? Or does it even matter, will one player not really be enough to make a difference this year for us against the Vikings for the division and trade or not trade it won't matter either way?

after watching last night's game against the Steelers looks like we need more help on the offensive side of the ball. not sure what tho, is M. Bryant that much of an upgrade over T.j jones maybe we need to play ZZ or Riddick to play more? but another pass rusher would be good but who's really available. I know the pats traded Jamie Collins and Chandler Jones in recent years but I don't see a player like that available. maybe CB help like Malcolm Butler could help?

Honestly I've not been pissed off at this GM. He's done everything about right but Quinn, man, you are seriously missing the boat here. The team can win this division possibly, ADD TO THIS TEAM! PLEASE! There is a real chance we aren't better than the Vikings!

Holy crap, maybe last night will wake our GM and he'll trade for a RB that can actually run hard. (Though it won't matter because they'll sit our toughest runner and play Dwayne Washington who's done exactly NOTHING, NOTHING, NOTHING AT ALL in the league to suggest he's any better at all than Zach Zenner. )

I mean honestly his salary should be considered straight up charity because he's no asset at all to this football team in any area his so called game has a strength in.

Anyone can easily point to the lions and say, need a tougher interior with Ngata gone, needs another pass rusher for odd downs, need a quality runner and definitely a physical runner. TE is a hole, trade Ebron or cut him, lets develop someone now in hopes of them being effective come the last two weeks or playoff time.

(RB,TE,DE,DT) Pick one Quinn and go get it.

1 hour ago, SimbaWho said:

Honestly I've not been pissed off at this GM. He's done everything about right but Quinn, man, you are seriously missing the boat here. The team can win this division possibly, ADD TO THIS TEAM! PLEASE! There is a real chance we aren't better than the Vikings!

Holy crap, maybe last night will wake our GM and he'll trade for a RB that can actually run hard. (Though it won't matter because they'll sit our toughest runner and play Dwayne Washington who's done exactly NOTHING, NOTHING, NOTHING AT ALL in the league to suggest he's any better at all than Zach Zenner. )

I mean honestly his salary should be considered straight up charity because he's no asset at all to this football team in any area his so called game has a strength in.

Anyone can easily point to the lions and say, need a tougher interior with Ngata gone, needs another pass rusher for odd downs, need a quality runner and definitely a physical runner. TE is a hole, trade Ebron or cut him, lets develop someone now in hopes of them being effective come the last two weeks or playoff time.

(RB,TE,DE,DT) Pick one Quinn and go get it.

This gm seems super passive.  He thinks he has a plan type...probably won't do anything and take us ten years through the draft..and he's well avg so far imo

I doubt WR Calvin Johnson gets traded honestly. I mean I hope he does, it would be awesome, cause we're basically getting nothing for him now. I don't know what Philly would give up but it'd be interesting to at least hear.

Really thought and think we should unload TE Eric Ebron. Now, I don't know a ton of buyers for him admittedly but anything at this point seems like a plus.

I'm also ready to give up draft picks to get both WR TY Hilton and RB Frank Gore from Indy. I think I would drop a 2nd round pick for both right now. Lions have a real shot to win the division... and if we lose to the Packers... wow it's pretty much slipped away.

8 hours ago, Rockcity2 said:

This gm seems super passive.  He thinks he has a plan type...probably won't do anything and take us ten years through the draft..and he's well avg so far imo

Idk, his free agents are solid signings imo. All of them are good players, Marvin Jones might be slightly over paid and should be a good number 2 honestly but whatever. Wagner/Lang/Worrilow/Wilson/Hayden They're all good signings by the GM. He swung and missed with the Greg Robinson trade. He's also drafted better than average imo, outside of Tabor this year I could reason out his selections.

I mean Zettel, Robinson, Ledbetter, Davis, Killebrew, Agnew, Golladay, Taylor, Glasgow, Ruddock, your boy Washington. I mean as far as guys making the roster he's hitting over 50%. closer to 60% of his draft picks make the team.  I'm not even counting Roberts, Tabor, Reeves-Maybin because they haven't really played a ton but they did make the roster and play also. Out of his 19 selections 14 are on the roster 11 contribute somehow on Sundays, 5 of them are starters. An honestly it might look better if Golladay wasn't hurt. He did make a difference down field, he was a big target that could go get it and catch.

I'm also not really asking for a super bold move. I mean a big move would be nice but at this point, making any move to bolster up a weakness we know we have mid-way in the season when the division is open would give me as a fan some confidence in the organization a little bit... just a smigget. Like I'm not that guy that says they don't want to win, cause I think they do, but some teams or people, organizations, whatever, try harder at winning than others.

Archived