Who Killed You This Week?

EaglesPeteC

10 team, salary cap league

IDP league, start 6 IDP players (2 each at DL, DB, LB) and 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE and 4 flex

scored 227 and lost by over 50 points.   Some games you are just not meant to win.  

Faced:  Allen, Ekeler, Kamara, Gibson, E Sanders, Mike Williams, DK, Kupp, Micah Hyde, Mack

He has Herbert, Claypool and Callaway on his bench.  

I ran into the buzzsaw that was Brady, Evans, Knox, and Manny Sanders all on the same team.  Oh, and did I mention, Mason Crosby is my kicker... while Rodgers is my QB, so those "he's missed 2... 3... straight surely just put the ball in the hands of your MVP QB" moments were extra excruciating.  Also didn't help that I lost Dalvin to the game-time decision and was forced to shift things around and start Edmonds and AJ Green (for the whopping total of-2 combined points).  My team still outscored 80% of the league but I got fed into a 128 point (in a standard league) woodchipper... on my birthday.

• 4 weeks later...

Pretty much my entire team killed me this week.  That said, I'm frighteningly in a position where, if Justin Fields and the Chicago OL have the kind of game we've seen them be capable of (i.e. 5+ sacks) against the Pittsburgh defense, I could actually still pull out the win in one of my leagues... in spite of Jordan Love (last-minute fill because Tua wasn't declared out till Sunday morning), Chase Edmonds getting in all of 1 play before getting injured, Dalvin's TD being overturned, my kicker goose-egging me, etc.

Dropped Love for Russell Wilson this morning, so my QB for this week is coming from the GB/SEA game, it's just a matter of whether it's Rodgers or Russ.

20 hours ago, Dr LBC said:

Pretty much my entire team killed me this week.  That said, I'm frighteningly in a position where, if Justin Fields and the Chicago OL have the kind of game we've seen them be capable of (i.e. 5+ sacks) against the Pittsburgh defense, I could actually still pull out the win in one of my leagues... in spite of Jordan Love (last-minute fill because Tua wasn't declared out till Sunday morning), Chase Edmonds getting in all of 1 play before getting injured, Dalvin's TD being overturned, my kicker goose-egging me, etc.

Dropped Love for Russell Wilson this morning, so my QB for this week is coming from the GB/SEA game, it's just a matter of whether it's Rodgers or Russ.

And the Steelers did enough to have me with a 1-point lead going into the 2-minute warning... then proceeded to crap the bed, give up the TD, and not even have the decency to lose the gave after they hosed me.

Had a choice between DeVonta Smith, Rhamondre Stevenson, Dan Arnold and JD McKissic in my second Flex spot. 

Had Rhamondre in. Decided to ask a few friends what they thought. All 4 said they'd play JD against Tampa. 

Flipped from Rhamondre to JD at 9:59am as I read a tweet that Bolden was going through pre-game as the #1. 

Watched as Bolden returned the ensuing kickoff and Stevenson looked every bit the starter there. 

Watched as each of those three players I benched put up pretty great games & McKissic barely did anything. 

Will watch tonight as I likely lose by the difference between Rhamondre & JD. 

• 2 weeks later...

I lost to a team with a QB on bye and a RB as DNP... because Leonard Fournette and the Packers defense went HAM... and 75% of my team left their games injured: Waller and Swift in their respective 1st quarters, Deebo, Dalvin, and Freiermuth after posting some points.

I also got bent over by someone in my league - it's pretty evident - reaching out to my opponent (who hadn't updated his roster since Wk 5 and had had Nick Chubb on his bench since then and Calvin Ridley still in his lineup since then.  I know this because up until Thursday, his lineup remained the same.... then magically after Swift and Waller goose-egged me on Thanksgiving, miraculously the guy logs in for the first time in 7 weeks, doesn't insert a sub QB for Kyler (which he could have done because he had easily-droppable and not rostered Phillip Lindsay on his bench), but moves his flex WR into the regular WR spot, moves Fournette out of a regular RB spot into his flex spot, and shifts Chubb into his RB slot.

I was fuming and venting to our league What'sApp and the guy - who I'm fairly certain was the culprit who put the call in - was trying to troll me telling me I "should have just done better."

• 2 weeks later...