Week 1 v Jax - the Tyrod Taylor era begins!

ET80

Whatcha gonna do?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Watching the game?

• Yeah
    • Nah
    • None of the above

16 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

I didn’t go. Have a lot going on personally. I’m going to make it to the game this week though.

I understand, sorry to hear that. Good luck next week!

16 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

From what I saw on Twitter, the BBQ there looked 🔥.

It's special, I'll admit that... If you ever do head out here, let me know and I'll show you some of the better BBQ joints in the area!

34 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I understand, sorry to hear that. Good luck next week!

It's special, I'll admit that... If you ever do head out here, let me know and I'll show you some of the better BBQ joints in the area!

Thanks brotha and good luck to you guys as well.

And that sounds good. Some of the guys went to the Pit Room? Looks amazing.

Edited by KhanYouDigIt
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Thanks brotha and good luck to you guys as well.

And that sounds good. Some of the guys went to the Pit Room? Looks amazing.

Pit room is money - great stuff there. My usual is Pappas BBQ (it's really close to the stadium too) or Killen's (they usually have a wait, and I get hangry if I don't eat in regular intervals).

I'm also stanning for the Mexican, Indian, Mediterranean and Vietnamese food in Houston - whatever palette you have, Houston can meet your needs. We'll definitely take a tour when you get here!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

Pit room is money - great stuff there. My usual is Pappas BBQ (it's really close to the stadium too) or Killen's (they usually have a wait, and I get hangry if I don't eat in regular intervals).

I'm also stanning for the Mexican, Indian, Mediterranean and Vietnamese food in Houston - whatever palette you have, Houston can meet your needs. We'll definitely take a tour when you get here!

DM me your SSN when you get a chance. Gotta do a standard background check before I head there. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

no offense ET but Papas BBQ is awful

I disagree wholeheartedly - I don't think anyone does beef ribs like Pappas (save for Killen's). Their wet brisket is above average, too. Pulled pork and sausage are run of the mill for the most part, but that's not a huge knock.

The entire Pappas's conglomerate is pretty rock solid, IMO.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I disagree wholeheartedly - I don't think anyone does beef ribs like Pappas (save for Killen's). Their wet brisket is above average, too. Pulled pork and sausage are run of the mill for the most part, but that's not a huge knock.

Love Pappadeaux & Pappasito's... also Killen's is ssssooooooo ggggoooodddddd

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jch1911 said:

Love Pappadeaux & Pappasito's... also Killen's is ssssooooooo ggggoooodddddd

Pappasitos used to do the half price beef fajitas on Monday nights - we had league flag football games, then would go there and feast on that - holy hell those were some awesome fajitas.

I really haven't been there in a bit, but those fajitas were so damn good.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

The Beef & Bun in Hiram Clarke is my go to spot whenver I get the BBQ itch. Ribs and links are ridiculous, especially with their homemade sauce. Other than that I usually fire up the grill any given day. Mainly a charcoal and pellet guy but I just bought this overpriced gas beast that I'm about to break in on over the next couple weeks. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Jaytrajik said:

The Beef & Bun in Hiram Clarke is my go to spot whenver I get the BBQ itch. Ribs and links are ridiculous, especially with their homemade sauce. 

Beef and Bun - haven't been there before. Location is a bit out for me, but it looks legit.

22 minutes ago, Jaytrajik said:

Other than that I usually fire up the grill any given day. Mainly a charcoal and pellet guy but I just bought this overpriced gas beast that I'm about to break in on over the next couple weeks. 

All things considered, this is my go to if I'm feeling BBQ chicken or turkey. I'm partitioning a few bucks from my next bonus check for a Big Green Egg or a Kamodo Joe ceramic smoker so I can start making really good brisket - I can only do so much with my pellet smoker, a BGE or KJ can set my stuff up right.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

Beef and Bun - haven't been there before. Location is a bit out for me, but it looks legit.

All things considered, this is my go to if I'm feeling BBQ chicken or turkey. I'm partitioning a few bucks from my next bonus check for a Big Green Egg or a Kamodo Joe ceramic smoker so I can start making really good brisket - I can only do so much with my pellet smoker, a BGE or KJ can set my stuff up right.

My office mate swears by his BGE.

• Like 1