Jump to content

2021 Season General Thread


Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

Welp glad to see him outside the afc east and not land on a weak chiefs defensive backfield. Will be a solid CB corps in Carolina with Henderson Bouye Gillmore and possibly a healthy Horn come week 15.

Gilmore would have been interesting here. I wonder if he and McDermott ever met before he left in free agency.

I like the trade for Carolina. That defense is legit and if Gilmore returns healthy and to form, they could steal the division. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Gilmore would have been interesting here. I wonder if he and McDermott ever met before he left in free agency.

I like the trade for Carolina. That defense is legit and if Gilmore returns healthy and to form, they could steal the division. 

Yes I think their defense with a healthy offense even with Sam Darnold as Qb could do something In that division. I had going in to the season with them an easy win but what Rhule has done for Carolina is starting to look like what McDermott has done for us in Buffalo. I got to respect them going in to week 15 and I think that division is definitely up for grabs now that Tampa looks a tad weaker, but then again thats how they looked in the regular season before lighting it up come the end of the season and the playoffs. I think Carolina is going to be tied for our 3rd toughest game of the year with NOLA, having Tampa 2 and KC 1. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Bills best 5 on OL certainly looks like the unit they rolled with on Sunday night.

Long term answers at Guard are still needed but the Bills will be picking in a great spot in round 1 to address that if they desire.

If Spencer brown is our guy at RT and Daryl Williams has been good at RG I do not see how they would need a long term answer as both Feliciano and Williams are locked in through 2024 offseason. While I think it is best they bring in talent through the draft I am not necessarily sure that it would be a top need going in to the 2022 season. With Star having a resurgence on the defense he is still getting up there in age and with Harrison and Butler both being health scratches and harrison been struggling the last 2 years I think the 1 tech dt is a top 2 need going in to the draft. CB, if levi is on his way out then the #2 spot will be up for grabs and this is where I think the top pick should go but as you mention they are in a great spot to go BPA. 

While the run game is getting better it seems like Singletary is getting less and less carries and with his fumble issues I am just not sure if he is someone who sticks around long term. RB can be a possibility in the draft but not something that needs to be addressed day 1 unless a stud is there. Also with the way Knox is playing he may solidify himself as a top tier TE but outside of that they do not have a back up option as I am not thrilled with what sweeney has to offer so I would like to see them go te at some point to but again like the RB its not a top need.

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

If Spencer brown is our guy at RT and Daryl Williams has been good at RG I do not see how they would need a long term answer as both Feliciano and Williams are locked in through 2024 offseason

I don’t think either Feliciano or Williams are very good. Serviceable? Probably. It helps when you have a guy like Josh. 
 

The team doesn’t have many holes and upgrading or adding to the trenches in either side is something I’ll always push for. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2021/10/12/buffalo-bills-cole-beasley-deletes-twitter-kansas-city-chiefs/

Proving once and for all that all of this nonsense was never about a deep seated conviction, just a desperate drive for attention and validation.

Good it finally happened, but months too late.

I’m all for trading him at this point, it’s clear he’s not a main piece with Sanders and the emergence of Knox. I’m fine with shipping him and his attitude out and rolling with more snaps for McKenzie and Davis.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, bigbadbuff said:

I’m all for trading him at this point, it’s clear he’s not a main piece with Sanders and the emergence of Knox. I’m fine with shipping him and his attitude out and rolling with more snaps for McKenzie and Davis.

McD already came out and said they were playing with what fit and knox was the better fit this week. I think he will be in more snaps next week when facing the Ten def. As much as I do not like the guy his value is more on the bills then he is traded for a low value pick. He isnt going to get much because of his out spoken comments as well as his age. I think he will be let go in the offseason and the bills will look to fill in the slot spot with mckenzie and a rookie. Davis will then be the #2 guy with sanders gone. The wr room will definitely look a bit different next year but in no way do you move beasley even if he plays a small amount of snaps as the uncertainty with injury to guys can cause issues for a team who has superbowl aspirations 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/12/2021 at 9:45 PM, bigbadbuff said:

I’m all for trading him at this point, it’s clear he’s not a main piece with Sanders and the emergence of Knox. I’m fine with shipping him and his attitude out and rolling with more snaps for McKenzie and Davis.

Do you seriously believe he has a attitude problem ? I havent seen anything that backs that claim.. I can agree with the rest of this post but would prefer to wait til off season

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bigbadbuff said:

When you start attacking the fanbase yes

This.

I'm glad he deactivated his account. 

The boiling point for me was when he generalized all of our fans in a bad light in his latest rant. Some were yelling Beaseeeee (I have friends who were doing exactly this at that game), some were booing I'm sure. Thing is–don't group everyone into the negative group because it fits your narrative. 

He's been a distraction for a team that is a championship contender. Attacking the fanbase is the last straw for many like myself who didn't care for his comments prior, but just wanted to move on and focus on football, which for a lot of us, is an escape for the COVID/Vax/Political garbage in our world.

We can win with him, or without him at this point.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Nick said:

This.

I'm glad he deactivated his account. 

The boiling point for me was when he generalized all of our fans in a bad light in his latest rant. Some were yelling Beaseeeee (I have friends who were doing exactly this at that game), some were booing I'm sure. Thing is–don't group everyone into the negative group because it fits your narrative. 

He's been a distraction for a team that is a championship contender. Attacking the fanbase is the last straw for many like myself who didn't care for his comments prior, but just wanted to move on and focus on football, which for a lot of us, is an escape for the COVID/Vax/Political garbage in our world.

We can win with him, or without him at this point.

Im not sure what his deal is nor do I care for what he says on his twitter rants. Its just another person proving my point that social media is more negative then positive. Any ways while I do not care on him being or not being on the team I think it is important he stay for this run. Trading him now will do nothing but weaken our wr corps at the moment. We have had options in which going 2 wr set and knox in the middle, to 3 wr set with beasley in and knox in, then 4 wr set with beasley and davis in. I think the variety that we have and the threat from all 5 options (diggs, sanders, beasley, knox, and davis) is what helps set us apart from other teams. Letting him go now could be a short term mindset as what happens if a wr goes down to injury and you have already moved beasley. Like last year they cut spain and the next game we lost ford it was a disaster of an oline. Whether he is dumb or not on the vaccine he is still a solid player on the field and will need him come post season. Keep in mind Sanders is only on a one year deal as well as mckenzie. Sanders already made it clear this is his last run at a superbowl shot and he is retiring. So the bills will be down to diggs, davis, beasley, and stevenson next offseason. As kumerow, mckenzie will both be free agents and may find a more tempting spot somewhere else. With Stevenson coming off IR he could fill in for Mckenzie on ST and back up to slot and being that gadget but is he on any level of beasley. Beasley just needs to learn to shut up and if he does then we all would be good with him and forget what he has been spewing as of late if he comes in and wins us over again on the field, if not beane will let him go in the offseason via trade or flat out cut due to cap issues as he will be due $7.6 mil and they can clear 6.1 by cutting him.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

Im not sure what his deal is nor do I care for what he says on his twitter rants. Its just another person proving my point that social media is more negative then positive. Any ways while I do not care on him being or not being on the team I think it is important he stay for this run. Trading him now will do nothing but weaken our wr corps at the moment. We have had options in which going 2 wr set and knox in the middle, to 3 wr set with beasley in and knox in, then 4 wr set with beasley and davis in. I think the variety that we have and the threat from all 5 options (diggs, sanders, beasley, knox, and davis) is what helps set us apart from other teams. Letting him go now could be a short term mindset as what happens if a wr goes down to injury and you have already moved beasley. Like last year they cut spain and the next game we lost ford it was a disaster of an oline. Whether he is dumb or not on the vaccine he is still a solid player on the field and will need him come post season. Keep in mind Sanders is only on a one year deal as well as mckenzie. Sanders already made it clear this is his last run at a superbowl shot and he is retiring. So the bills will be down to diggs, davis, beasley, and stevenson next offseason. As kumerow, mckenzie will both be free agents and may find a more tempting spot somewhere else. With Stevenson coming off IR he could fill in for Mckenzie on ST and back up to slot and being that gadget but is he on any level of beasley. Beasley just needs to learn to shut up and if he does then we all would be good with him and forget what he has been spewing as of late if he comes in and wins us over again on the field, if not beane will let him go in the offseason via trade or flat out cut due to cap issues as he will be due $7.6 mil and they can clear 6.1 by cutting him.

 

This would be my strategy

I'd hate to deal Beasley now and have a injury to Sanders or Diggs. I think this will be Beasley last season here even if he was vaccinated and agreed with the bullies. Ride out the season and use the money saved in off season for our cap situation

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BillsGuy82 said:

This would be my strategy

I'd hate to deal Beasley now and have a injury to Sanders or Diggs. I think this will be Beasley last season here even if he was vaccinated and agreed with the bullies. Ride out the season and use the money saved in off season for our cap situation

We should have around 20 mil in cap space this offseason. Could drop lower if they extend edmunds as his hit is 12.7 mil right now on the 5th year option. I think an extension for diggs as he has 2 years remaining and his pay day is now at 11 mil a year. I also think Mitch Morse should be getting an extension as he is on his last year in 2022. 

I think guys like Beasley, Klein, Matakevich, and possibly Star could be cap casualties if they look to go younger and clear room for other upgrades on the team.

Addison and hughes are both FA but likely not coming back as the bills have a solid young core. Then you have Levi, Mckenzie, and Sanders all FA after the year. Really the bills are in a great spot cap wise and talent wise as they will be able to have majority of the starters back with very little change. Beane continues to hit on the draft picks the longer this franchise can grow. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...