2021 Season General Thread

Trentwannabe

After last nights loss going in to the bye is it time for Beane to make a move? If so what position should we be focused on trying to upgrade? 

Is there a LG or RG out there that we can make a move for and put Daryl Williams back at RT? 
Is there a run stuffing DT out there that we can benefit from that could be an upgrade to our current roster?
Is there a #2 CB we could potentially look at to upgrade over Levi?

I think these were the 3 issues we had last night, is this something that we need to get or is there more of a fix in house that needs to be figured out?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

We just paid Taron Johnson CB2 money. I'd prioritize RB over CB2

OL

RB

CB2

Paying CB2 money to taron shouldnt matter as he is a slot corner and isnt playing the #2 position. We will need one as Levi is leaving and Dane isn't ready or expected to ever be the starting #2. We definitely need to address this in the draft. Rb is a need for upgrading but I think if you fix the oline the running game can be better then what it is right now. If there is a najee harris type rb in the draft im willing to go in on him but I would be surprised if you will find one later in the draft and there certainly isnt a game changer in FA that would be the answer. 

• 1 month later...

Hey all,

Was just curious what you guys think of Daboll as a HC? I know some of that shine has rubbed off from last year and there’s been some issues, but just curious about your overall thoughts as a playcaller (and maybe even how he carries himself, does he seem like a HC type)?

20 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Hey all,

Was just curious what you guys think of Daboll as a HC? I know some of that shine has rubbed off from last year and there’s been some issues, but just curious about your overall thoughts as a playcaller (and maybe even how he carries himself, does he seem like a HC type)?

Yeah I think he'd make a great HC and playcaller for Lawrence. 

First off,  it might sound dumb but Josh Allen and Daboll are pretty much father and son lol, they are as tight as can be and say out loud that they love each other😂 so in that sense he gets along great with his players and has a fun attitude that the players gravitate too. Idk if you listen to the podcast Pardon My Take, but there was an episode when they interviewed Daboll and Josh Allen together at training camp and it gives you the sense of who Daboll is.

Second, as a playcaller and OC he really plays to the strength of what he's working with. He knows Josh is special, so the offense is completely designed around Allens ability to run and throw deep/intermediate. I think he could incorporate some similar concepts with Lawrence since he's also a mobile QB with a big arm. He's not afraid to think outside the box and really knows how to attack the weaknesses of a defense per week.  

I would say our offense this season has been set back (if that's the right word) due to our OL. COVID, injuries and overall bad performances from our guards and Daryl Williams (RT that was moved to RG) has been the culprit, not Daboll in the slightest. I think he'd be a slam dunk hire with a young, talented QB in Trevor. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Hey all,

I wouldnt want him as a head coach. Imo he's ok OC, I'd like to see us have a OL and I'm not completely sure how much impact hes had with Josh Allen.

1 hour ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

"Buh buh buh buh he won't effect the team with his stupidity buh buh buh buh buh" and now he has COVID when we're facing the most contagious variant yet and could cause an outbreak.

A) serves him right, B) if this causes an outbreak I want his head on an effing pike. 

Literally 50 vaccinated players have gotten Covid. Fauci has even downplayed Omicron as highly transmittable but very mild.

The vaccine doesnt prevent anyone from getting it or transmitting it. I'm gonna chill out on the petty **** TLBF because you strike me as a intelligent guy but this is a overreaction 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

"Buh buh buh buh he won't effect the team with his stupidity buh buh buh buh buh" and now he has COVID when we're facing the most contagious variant yet and could cause an outbreak.

A) serves him right, B) if this causes an outbreak I want his head on an effing pike. 

?????

You do understand that Feliciano, Dion Dawkins, AJ Epenesa, Tyrell Dodson, Mike Love and Bobby Hart were all placed on COVID list before Beasley and all of them (i believe) are vaccinated? And that Beasley most likely got covid from a vaccinated Bills player?

Calling for his head on a pike because he got sick from someone else on team seems WILD. 

I respect your opinon but I think you need to review and look at the recent transmission data and how it's being spread.. 

On 12/22/2021 at 10:38 AM, The BILLievers said:

?????

You do understand that Feliciano, Dion Dawkins, AJ Epenesa, Tyrell Dodson, Mike Love and Bobby Hart were all placed on COVID list before Beasley and all of them (i believe) are vaccinated? And that Beasley most likely got covid from a vaccinated Bills player?

Calling for his head on a pike because he got sick from someone else on team seems WILD. 

I respect your opinon but I think you need to review and look at the recent transmission data and how it's being spread.. 

It's nothing but narrative at this point.. Were a year + into vaccinations and have gained 0 ground.

The narrative went from Trumps fault to Conservatives fault to unvaccinated people fault eventually someone else will be at fault but I bet it won't be China 

Lets move on from the political stance on beasley its his choice whether we want to agree or not.... While my comment is Beasley related it has no impact on him being vaccinated or not.

With Mckenzie getting his opportunity because Beasley was out and he showed he is more then a competent slot receiver hauling in 11 receptions for 125 yards including a td. Do we move on from Beasley based on him being 33 years old and a cap hit of 7.6 mil? We can clear 6.1 mil if he is released before the new year starts. That money then can be put to a new deal with Mckenzie since he is going to be 27 and only got a 1 year deal at 1.1 mil. I think they can come away with a 3 year deal that is affordable and he will be our slot and help out on kick returns while Stevenson continues to grow in to the role. I assume Beasley will be out for Atlanta too, so another solid performance could put him in the right direction for this move to happen