Week 2 Prospect Talk

rackcs

Some big time matchups this week. First and foremost I'm excited to see Mykael Wright matched up against the OSU receivers, should be a good test for both parties. I really wanted to see Thibodeaux against Petit-Frere but looks like he's not playing which is unfortunate.

Then the Texas-Arkansas game has a pair of defensive prospects I want to see more of. I've heard some hype for Jalen Catalon before the season and he had a big game last week. This will be my first time actually watching him. Then for Texas there's DeMarvion Overshown, who I liked in last week's game, I want to see how consistent he can be. And of course Arkansas has Treylon Burks, my early draft crush.

The Washington-Michigan game tonight will have a nice matchup too between Jaxson Kirkland and Aidan Hutchinson. Kirkland is someone I want to see more of this year so going up against Hutchinson will be a big test for him.

What matchups or individual players do you guys plan on watching this weekend?

4 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

Lots of really good TEs right now. 

Sam LaPorta, Charlie Kolar, Jalen Wydermyer, Michael Mayer, abd the list goes on. Mayer looks the best but he won’t be eligible until 2023. Kolar didn’t have a great game this week against Iowa but man his movement skills are pretty rare.

Agreed, Wydermyer is a freaking tank and I agree Mayer is the best one no doubt, probably a top 5-10 pick in 2023.  Also have these guys below, Jelani Woods has been really good and is a massive dude as well.   Austin Allen has not looked bad, Isaiah Likely is a sleeper.  Billingsley is in the doghouse with Saban but showed a ton of ability, Ruckert is a damn good TE for Ohio State, same with Jake Ferguson on Wisconsin.  Leonard Taylor is a big athletic dude, same with Cole Turner.  Cade Otton I like his size and athletic ability but might have a rough year with no other outside weapons on Washington and poor QB play.  Greg Dulcich is a damn good TE also that is a huge big play threat.

In no specific order

Jalen Wydermyer Texas A&M JR
Cade Otton Washington RS
Jake Ferguson Wisconsin RS
Jeremy Ruckert Ohio State
Greg Dulcich UCLA RS JR
Jahleel Billingsley Alabama JR
Charlie Kolar Iowa State RS
Will Mallory Miami FL
Austin Allen Nebraska RS
Jelani Woods Virginia RS
Leonard Taylor Cincinnati
Trey McBride Colorado State
Isaiah Likely Coastal Carolina
Cole Turner Nevada
Darnell Washington Georgia SOPH
Tucker Kraft South Dakota State RS SOPH
Brock Bowers Georgia FR
Arik Gilbert Georgia SOPH
Kendall Randolph Alabama RS
Xavier Gaines Marshall RS
James Mitchell Virginia Tech JR

Then there is Brock Bowers who had what a 89 year TD on Georgia yesterday as a true freshman.  And they also have Arik Gilbert the LSU transfer on Georgia and Darnell Washington who is a massive dude and one of the best blocking TEs in the nation and neither of them have played this year yet I believe.  Tucker Kraft is a sleeper on South Dakota State who is a hell of an athlete and McBride is a tough physical dude on Colorado State.  Kendall Randolph is a jumbo TE but is worth watching and can move dudes, sucks JJ Pegues moved to DT loved watching him last year.  Xavier Gaines has a ton of athletic ability at TE to make big plays and James Mitchell is a very good all around player.

So yeah a lot of big weapons and talent TEs around.  

9 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

Lots of really good TEs right now. 

Sam LaPorta, Charlie Kolar, Jalen Wydermyer, Michael Mayer, abd the list goes on. Mayer looks the best but he won’t be eligible until 2023. Kolar didn’t have a great game this week against Iowa but man his movement skills are pretty rare.

I know it's overused for big white TE's but Mayer looks like baby Gronk.