Jump to content

Week 01 2021 - GDT - Packers (0-0) @ Saints (0-0) (in Jacksonville)


Recommended Posts

Just now, Dome said:

So the departure of Aaron Glenn doesn’t seem to be hurting the DBs too badly 

You beat me to it! I was literally just getting ready to say that I have been very hard on Aaron Glenn for the past several seasons. This secondary looks like a totally new batch of players, and I'm loving it!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Raves said:

Great win in W1 when most people though the Saints would get blown out.

I heard so many people say the saints were going to get crushed. They're nothing without Brees. Whatever.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mid Iowa said:

I heard so many people say the saints were going to get crushed. They're nothing without Brees. Whatever.

Brees raised the floor but limited the ceiling.  Winston lowers the floor but raises the ceiling.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Mid Iowa said:

I heard so many people say the saints were going to get crushed. They're nothing without Brees. Whatever.

I don’t look into it too much.

“Saints are in cap hell”

they ignore the fact that every year they say this and every year the Saints restructure guys to move money, it’s just how the Saints run their books, nfl gen guys haven’t figured that out in 15 years lol 

 

“Thomas just runs slants”

they ignore that in 2019 if you removed his slants he still led the league in yards

they ignore that he ran the same percentage of slants as Julio in 2020

they ignore that Brees can’t throw deep anyways and was constantly criticized for that

 

”Saints are done when Brees leaves”

8-1 with out him and he’s constantly criticized for having no arm 

Top tier core of young players all stepped up without Brees, it was literally proven on the field during a playoff race in two separate seasons that we can compete without brees


the point is, folks just don’t listen and will spew whatever narrative they want with nothing to back it up lol 

 

Saints fans have been saying for years our core of young players is a perfect place for a QB to step in and play his best ball, we knew the team was deep.

Week 1 showed us our ceiling is exactly where we said it was.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Kamara was a boss and our defense was on point. ReallY proud of the secondary stepping up.

Winston got the TDS but the yards were low. The stats didn’t show how great he did. Really happy that he got that first game out of the way.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ckoz24 said:

Kamara was a boss and our defense was on point. ReallY proud of the secondary stepping up.

Winston got the TDS but the yards were low. The stats didn’t show how great he did. Really happy that he got that first game out of the way.

That's been our offense the past few years regardless of QB.  The TDs and effiiency is there, but the yards are not.  Since 2017, this hasn't been a passing attack offense that's gonna rack up yards.  We play defense, run the ball, and generally do everything well all around. I am interested to see Jameis in a shootout, when we live or die with his arm.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dome said:

“Saints are in cap hell”

they ignore the fact that every year they say this and every year the Saints restructure guys to move money, it’s just how the Saints run their books, nfl gen guys haven’t figured that out in 15 years lol 

I can't remember which HOF coach said it, maybe Parcells, about the cap. Along the lines of "if we have cap room and aren't winning the Super Bowl, then we're doing something wrong". 

Bottom line, don't leave money on the table.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ckoz24 said:

Kamara was a boss and our defense was on point. ReallY proud of the secondary stepping up.

Winston got the TDS but the yards were low. The stats didn’t show how great he did. Really happy that he got that first game out of the way.

All of this!
Keep in mind, the year we won the Super Bowl, Brees was about 600-1000 yards lower than usual. TD's about on par (with 2 years of exception) and INT's the lowest (11) of any full season. Those are good stats.

Hopefully Winston can follow suit. So far 5-0, which is outstanding!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Mid Iowa said:

All of this!
Keep in mind, the year we won the Super Bowl, Brees was about 600-1000 yards lower than usual. TD's about on par (with 2 years of exception) and INT's the lowest (11) of any full season. Those are good stats.

Hopefully Winston can follow suit. So far 5-0, which is outstanding!!

I think the main thing to look at is that we had a strong defense which allowed a strong running game but also that teams still had to respect Brees throwing deep so it opened up the running game more.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...