Week 8 GDT: MNF - Broncos @ Chiefs

Joe_is_the_best

5 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

I actually don't think the Chiefs are a terrible matchup for Denver, but Denver will have a hard time winning the game. The Chiefs D is not nearly as good as advertised. Our run D is pretty solid, but we're going to have a hell of a time with Kelce and I expect us to get gashed on special teams. We have the WORST ST in football by DVOA. That's no bueno.

IDK man. Great pass rusher that is going to eat. Mobile QB. Good RBs outta the backfield and a great TE. A shutdown corner. They don't care about getting their receivers the ball and still have a good offense. As well as great ST. Definitely not the greatest matchup lol 

41 minutes ago, champ11 said:

IDK man. Great pass rusher that is going to eat. Mobile QB. Good RBs outta the backfield and a great TE. A shutdown corner. They don't care about getting their receivers the ball and still have a good offense. As well as great ST. Definitely not the greatest matchup lol 

FWIW Peters isn't a shutdown corner, he gives up a lot of receptions and his share of big plays.  But he makes up for it by getting big takeaways with scoring potential (pick-6's).    Don't get me wrong, I love the kid, and even our No Fly Zone would love to have him, but he's not the prototypical shutdown guy as he is an elite ballhawk, so he's a threat to score on D...just that he can get beat pretty regularly, but his big plays outshine the plays he gives up regularly.

The biggest surprise is that we haven't played well in ST at all since Week 2.   That's on Olivo.  Getting Latimer will help a lot, but it shouldn't be on 1 guy to make that much of a difference.

Frankly, we need DT to have a huge, 8-100+ game, with at least 1 score, CJ to get 15-20 carries, and someone to take advantage of the LB weakness in pass coverage - Booker in pass catching, or Derby, don't know who, but someone.

When you add in the Arrowhead advantage, just a tall order to win on the road there.   But no excuses, this is pretty much a do-or-die game.  That's why we needed to be 4-1 or better from the first 4 games - @LAC, @KC, @PHI and home to NE is a bear.   Again, though, it is what it is, no excuses.  

29 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

FWIW Peters isn't a shutdown corner, he gives up a lot of receptions and his share of big plays.  But he makes up for it by getting big takeaways with scoring potential (pick-6's).    Don't get me wrong, I love the kid, and even our No Fly Zone would love to have him, but he's not the prototypical shutdown guy as he is an elite ballhawk, so he's a threat to score on D...just that he can get beat pretty regularly, but his big plays outshine the plays he gives up regularly.

Fair enough. Too bad for Peters - Siemian's best ability as a QB is throwing potential pick 6's that are inexplicably dropped 

Fair enough. Too bad for Peters - Siemian's best ability as a QB is throwing potential pick 6's that are inexplicably dropped 

I don't think they will be dropped tonight. I see Siemian having two INT's minimum, with one taken to the house. 31-13 KC, and then Lynch should start next week (I don't think they want to play Osweiler). 

Archived