Week 8 GDT: MNF - Broncos @ Chiefs

Joe_is_the_best

2 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

Booker is our best RB (IMO) so I'd hate to trade him for Seantrel. I do think Buffalo would make a good trading partner with Denver, but I'd rather we part with draft picks since we're unable to use them properly anyway.

Really? Interesting. I disagree with him being your best. Anderson has a 4.5 yards per carry while Booker is only 3.6. And CJ has fumbled 3 times in his career while Booker fumbled 4 times last year alone.

Although I do believe at this point that Booker is better than Charles

13 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

Really? Interesting. I disagree with him being your best. Anderson has a 4.5 yards per carry while Booker is only 3.6. And CJ has fumbled 3 times in his career while Booker fumbled 4 times last year alone.

Booker has been hurt for a few games prior to coming back. He's also a better receiver than both Charles and Anderson, although for whatever reason he's not used that way. I would also say, considering his contract situation he's the most favorable option.

44 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

There has been rumors flying that you guys are interested in one of our OT depth players. The 1st player to come to mind is Sentrel Henderson. Loads of talent but had a problem with a sickness, used marijuana to cure it and got suspended. Well while he was gone he lost his job. There has also been talk that we are looking for a running mate for McCoy.

So what do you think of this trade?

Sentrel Henderson for Devontae Booker... Seems like a better fit for both players

42 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

Booker is our best RB (IMO) so I'd hate to trade him for Seantrel. I do think Buffalo would make a good trading partner with Denver, but I'd rather we part with draft picks since we're unable to use them properly anyway.

39 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

24 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

Booker has been hurt for a few games prior to coming back. He's also a better receiver than both Charles and Anderson, although for whatever reason he's not used that way. I would also say, considering his contract situation he's the most favorable option.

Booker is clearly our 2nd best back right now IMO.  And he's also our most favorable option long-term because of his cheap salary.  So @broncos67 is spot on there.

But, here's the thing - RB's are disposable.  Short shelf life, lots of them you can find in Rds 4+ on.  It's why I don't favor spending a Day 1 or even Day 2 pick unless the guy is special.  Use 'em up, let 'em walk once they get expensive.  Rinse & repeat.   So I'm OK with trading a RB off our roster to get T help.  Even though I'm still really high on Booker.   

But, the above scenario still doesn't work for Elway, not his MO.  Why?  Well, since Seantreal is in his final year before FA, I don't see that deal - I could see us offer Booker for Jordan Mills, as he's signed for both 2017 & 2018.   Plus we'd probably have to send a Day 3 pick back, given the premium on T's nowadays.  But no to Seantrel - the concept makes sense, but 8 games of a project T then he hits FA?  Elway won't do that, he thinks long-term as well as short, and there's not enough short term gain to do this deal, given the contracts.

IDK, I would do a R6 for Sentreal even with his impending FA status. Then again, he seems like the type of guy that would finally reach some potential on a team with a well oiled offensive unit. Throw him into our dumpster fire and he likely fails. Still, we NEED to make a move for a RT. Henderson is a guy that always intrigued me so if its REALLY cheap, I go for it.

57 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

IDK, I would do a R6 for Sentreal even with his impending FA status. Then again, he seems like the type of guy that would finally reach some potential on a team with a well oiled offensive unit. Throw him into our dumpster fire and he likely fails. Still, we NEED to make a move for a RT. Henderson is a guy that always intrigued me so if its REALLY cheap, I go for it.

That's fair, given Booker is signed for 2018-2019 cheaply though, Booker for Henderson is still way more expensive price-wise than a 6th.   A 6th I'd be totally fine with. If we are dealing Booker we have to get a 2018+ solution at RT, not just a prayer stopgap - so Booker/Mills (plus we likely have to throw a 6th) is scenario B.  

I would deal CJ before Booker.  But that's just me.  I think Booker is going to be a good solid back.  

I hope we keep both. CJ is slightly overpaid but constantly underrated. He is a fine back, and has played as consistent as anyone on our offense this season. Our RB talent isn't the issue in the least. In fact our backs' stable may be the only unit that doesn't need improvement on offense from top-to-bottom. WR is top heavy, but much to desire after DT and Manny.

3 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

I hope we keep both. CJ is slightly overpaid but constantly underrated. He is a fine back, and has played as consistent as anyone on our offense this season. Our RB talent isn't the issue in the least. In fact our backs' stable may be the only unit that doesn't need improvement on offense from top-to-bottom. WR is top heavy, but much to desire after DT and Manny.

Plus, at his mileage, we won't get anything for CJ.  I mean, Jay Ajayi gets a 4th rounder.  And he's signed uber-cheaply for 2018.    

Use 'em up, let them walk when they get expensive.  Rinse, repeat.

32 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Plus, at his mileage, we won't get anything for CJ.  I mean, Jay Ajayi gets a 4th rounder.  And he's signed uber-cheaply for 2018.    

Use 'em up, let them walk when they get expensive.  Rinse, repeat.

The DeMarco Murray treatment

And it's official.   We are now going with BO for Week 9 (and I'd be Week 10 vs. NE).

Hopefully our O doesn't smell like BO....but at PHI, vs. that front 4, man.   Think we are getting rolled.

Archived