Week 8 GDT: MNF - Broncos @ Chiefs

Joe_is_the_best

Siemian not being able to see the field and run for that first was just awful.   His biggest strength was making smart decisions if not risky ones in 2016.  This is nothing like that.  That is an awful sign, because it means the game's sped up for Siemian so the can't make basic reads.  If he can't do that, we're sunk either way with him, or with Oz.  

I can't believe our D held again with the strip sack.   Our D really has kept us in the game.  Which is hard to believe that it's 17-3.  It feels like it should be 31-3.

6 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

You know, for all this slobbering over McKenzie's athleticism...does he ever touch the ball in a non-ST setting?

Also, Siemian is an effing joke. Watson is even worse. I'm actually dreading going to the Eagles game next week.

He was always a ST-only weapon except for gadget plays.   Which, to be clear, is fine as a 5th rounder.   What was inexcusable was spending an early 3rd on a higher-ceiling but similar raw ST home run hitter who doesn't actually have the technique or route running experience to be a WR in C-Henderson, or the 101st pick on a developmental CB who also happens to be a great punt returner (Langley).  All in the name of finding the next Tyreke.  When Tyreke's Olympic level speed isn't matched.   

It's still far too soon to write them off as individual players, but investing 3 picks when our team wasn't complete, could have used OL or ILB guys who actually help, all in the name of trying to win now, that's very much something Elway deserves criticism - the draft is supposed to be for future years, so when you pick for guys to supposedly help now, well, when they don't help now....it's ugly.

I know you were critical of this as well, so just venting in general, not at you BTW.

Just now, broncos67 said:

I think Lynch plays soon. Maybe even next week if he's reasonably healthy

IMO Lynch doesn't play until we are thinking 2018 as the main goal.  I also think PHI would kill him at their home park.

Given the above, we'd probably have him ready to step in during the NE game, but more likely after that, if we are 3-6.

2 minutes ago, jsthomp2007 said:

If it gets bad, can you put Brock in there?  

I definitely think you can.  If the offense does nothing again and KC puts up points I would be all for the move if for no other reason than to show the guys on offense they need to start producing.

This has actually been a very well coached game for Denver on the offensive side and the players aren't getting the job done.  A fumble, 2 stupid INTs, and a big drop by Green.

Archived