2021 Around the League Thread

beardown3231

11 hours ago, soulman said:

And I would counter that big market teams do very little in the way of endorsements for a HC unless he becomes a legend of sorts as Ditka has.  Is there a downtown eatery in Chicago called Trestman's?  Did Abe Gibron ever have a chop house or a rib joint?  Are there Lovie Smith style sweaters or cigars?

There is a fancy steak house in Denver called Elway's and at one time his name was on multiple auto dealerships but there is no Shanahan's or a Dan Reeve's Southern Style Chicken.  Ed McCaffery sells his own horseradish sauce and mustard at my local Safeway but there's no Josh McDaniel's New England Clam Chowder.

You and Mike imagine the same kind of fame and endorsements are showered on coaches as are showered on star players and it just ain't so.  Especially not when you're a loser and go out as a loser.  Will Matt Nagy's time as Bears HC help him should he decide to become a real estate broker on the North Shore?

Sorry guys, I think you've been misled.

Just going to point out that Nagy literally has endorsements from McDonalds in a city that everyone hates him. Lol

6 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Just going to point out that Nagy literally has endorsements from McDonalds in a city that everyone hates him. Lol

Then I would say he's fortunate to have four boys who can relate to McDonald's but that deal won't last much longer. 

Besides I think TFG has had Mickey D endorsements in the past too and he's hated in more than just Chicago.  😁

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Fangio's defence is going off against the Chargers right now...would love to somehow get him back here as DC if the Broncos go with an offensive guy in the offseason (bad move for them if they do IMO)

The Broncos looked good yesterday.  If they can somehow snag a top QB like Rodgers or Russell they will be a force in the AFCW.  Love watching what ball hawks his secondary is.  We really miss Vic and Ed Donatell but at least I'm pleased they're here coaching the Broncos.

10 minutes ago, soulman said:

The Broncos looked good yesterday.  If they can somehow snag a top QB like Rodgers or Russell they will be a force in the AFCW.  Love watching what ball hawks his secondary is.  We really miss Vic and Ed Donatell but at least I'm pleased they're here coaching the Broncos.

As much as I would love to see Fangio back here and can see a few route as to how it could happen I just hope the Broncos don't screw him over in a Tampa Bay sorta way like they did with Tony Dungy back in the day...let him build a quality defence only to then get rid of him and bring in an offensive guy and hope the D holds over for a few years and that the offensive guy gets you over the top like Gruden did...the fact they traded away Von Miller and have just signed two expensive WRs the signs don't look so good for Vic.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

As much as I would love to see Fangio back here and can see a few route as to how it could happen I just hope the Broncos don't screw him over in a Tampa Bay sorta way like they did with Tony Dungy back in the day...let him build a quality defence only to then get rid of him and bring in an offensive guy and hope the D holds over for a few years and that the offensive guy gets you over the top like Gruden did...the fact they traded away Von Miller and have just signed two expensive WRs the signs don't look so good for Vic.

I dunno Mike.  I keep coming back around to the same starting point.  Hire a good coach period regardless of what his "specialty" is.  Vic is a good leader and a very well respected coach.  If the offense isn't firing on all cylinders hire a better OC.

In the Broncos case all that's really needed to push them to the top is a much better QB.  Teddy Bridgewater is another Andy Dalton level guy and Lock is abysmal.  If they can sign Rodgers or Russell to run the offense they should be good with Vic.