2021 Around the League Thread

beardown3231

https://www.tampabay.com/sports/bucs/2021/12/15/former-jaguars-kicker-josh-lambo-says-he-was-kicked-by-urban-meyer-during-warmups/

“I’m in a lunge position. Left leg forward, right leg back,” Lambo said. “... Urban Meyer, while I’m in that stretch position, comes up to me and says, ‘Hey Dips--t, make your f--king kicks!’ And kicks me in the leg.”

Lambo spoke for the first time publicly about what he said happened to him in an interview with the Tampa Bay Times.

“It certainly wasn’t as hard as he could’ve done it, but it certainly wasn’t a love tap,” Lambo said. “Truthfully, I’d register it as a five (out of 10). Which in the workplace, I don’t care if it’s football or not, the boss can’t strike an employee. And for a second, I couldn’t believe it actually happened. Pardon my vulgarity, I said, ‘Don’t you ever f--king kick me again!’ And his response was, ‘I’m the head ball coach, I’ll kick you whenever the f--k I want.’”

What the actual hell? 😂

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

https://www.tampabay.com/sports/bucs/2021/12/15/former-jaguars-kicker-josh-lambo-says-he-was-kicked-by-urban-meyer-during-warmups/

“I’m in a lunge position. Left leg forward, right leg back,” Lambo said. “... Urban Meyer, while I’m in that stretch position, comes up to me and says, ‘Hey Dips--t, make your f--king kicks!’ And kicks me in the leg.”

Lambo spoke for the first time publicly about what he said happened to him in an interview with the Tampa Bay Times.

“It certainly wasn’t as hard as he could’ve done it, but it certainly wasn’t a love tap,” Lambo said. “Truthfully, I’d register it as a five (out of 10). Which in the workplace, I don’t care if it’s football or not, the boss can’t strike an employee. And for a second, I couldn’t believe it actually happened. Pardon my vulgarity, I said, ‘Don’t you ever f--king kick me again!’ And his response was, ‘I’m the head ball coach, I’ll kick you whenever the f--k I want.’”

What the actual hell? 😂

If true, Meyer is on borrowed time before someone knocks him out. Jags apparently DID need Tebow. 😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAF-N72EX said:

The fact that we're weeks away from 2022 and Tim Tebow somehow still garners attention in the NFL community is crazy to me lol.

To be fair we constantly talk about the 80s Bears, so he at least is in the current decade and century. lol

It does suck to know Tebow's last will be more recent than our last winning season though.

• Like 1

Jaguars fired coach Urban Meyer. 

This had become the only possible outcome to the most disastrous NFL head-coaching stint in recent memory. The die was cast in Week 4, when Meyer made the legendarily selfish decision to skip the team flight home following a wrenching Thursday night loss in Cincinnati to party in his home state, getting caught on candid camera pathetically cavorting with a woman who was not his wife. Predictably hubristic in his first taste of the big leagues, Meyer was unpredictably completely overmatched, getting worse — far worse — as the season wore on and losing his locker room in real time. The Jags were averaging nine points over their past seven games, historically bad output. Meyer's golden goose No. 1 overall pick Trevor Lawrence had totaled one touchdown in his past six starts, seeming overwhelmed on the field and embarrassed off of it. Lawrence — as well as his 52 teammates — had been put in the unacceptable position of continually having to answer for his head coach's foibles, both on and off the field. The situation was not tenable, least of all because Meyer seemed to have no clue what it took to win NFL football games. He committed the cardinal sin of turning his franchise into a laughingstock. This will undoubtedly be Meyer's final NFL job. The question becomes whether he will return to the college sidelines or retreat to the warm cocoon of television.

Had to happen 😂