2021 Around the League Thread

beardown3231

3 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Remember the offseason when people were claiming the Browns were the best and most talented team in the league? I do, because I remember getting flack for not buying into the hype and saying they were not even the 2nd best team in their own division behind the Ravens and Steelers.

I think the team really talented when healthy, but its so damn dysfunctional. Stefanski was overrated, Garrett isn't the leader he needs to be, and I've said forever that Baker isn't as good as people try to make him out to be. Mediocre coach, ok at best QB, and a team that I don't see any major leadership in. Garrett calling out the coaches when they give up over 40. Look at the end of the day, if you gave up 40 with that much talent then your team just got whipped and you as a player allowed it too. Not saying he was wrong that they didn't make good enough adjustments, but sack up and beat the guy across from you. Lovie ran a Tampa 2 an annoyingly frequent amount of times each game, but the players lined up and won their match ups enough it didn't matter how simple it was. I mean, where is the heart? Looks like the old Philly Deam Team again. 

Talent can take you pretty far if you're all going in the same direction, CLE just has no one that can MAKE them go in the same direction.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I think the team really talented when healthy, but its so damn dysfunctional. Stefanski was overrated, Garrett isn't the leader he needs to be, and I've said forever that Baker isn't as good as people try to make him out to be. Mediocre coach, ok at best QB, and a team that I don't see any major leadership in. Garrett calling out the coaches when they give up over 40. Look at the end of the day, if you gave up 40 with that much talent then your team just got whipped and you as a player allowed it too. Not saying he was wrong that they didn't make good enough adjustments, but sack up and beat the guy across from you. Lovie ran a Tampa 2 an annoyingly frequent amount of times each game, but the players lined up and won their match ups enough it didn't matter how simple it was. I mean, where is the heart? Looks like the old Philly Deam Team again. 

Talent can take you pretty far if you're all going in the same direction, CLE just has no one that can MAKE them go in the same direction.

I like Stefanski as a play caller and I agree wholeheartedly that the teams lacks a REAL leader but also think the "talent" was being overrated as well.

This is what I said about the Browns in the offseason.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

I see we're back to strawmanning.

Let's just say it's mildly convenient to take a victory lap about a take that only now became partially correct after the Browns played a game without a head coach and half their starters.

So basically you don't even know what you're arguing at this point. Got it.

7 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

By 0.1% with an easier schedule.

The Browns play the same teams as the Ravens, Steelers and Bengals with the exception of 3 teams: Chargers, Pats and Cardinals due to where they finished in the division last year. I guess despite finishing 3rd in 2020, they actually drew the worst possible hand than PIT and BAL who should be playing better teams

• Like 1

4 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

The Browns play the same teams as the Ravens, Steelers and Bengals with the exception of 3 teams: Chargers

All of them played the Chargers???  The AFC North played the AFC West.

Browns: HOU, @NE, ARI
Ravens: IND, @MIA, LAR
Steelers: TEN, @BUF, SEA

The Browns got HOU, CHI, DET, ARI, DEN, and LV at HOME.

1 hour ago, JAF-N72EX said:

All of them played the Chargers???  The AFC North played the AFC West.

Browns: HOU, @NE, ARI
Ravens: IND, @MIA, LAR
Steelers: TEN, @BUF, SEA

The Browns got HOU, CHI, DET, ARI, DEN, and LV at HOME.

Correct, my fault. AFCN played the AFCW and NFCN.

The random 3 opponents for the AFCN were the NFCW, AFCS and AFCE so Cleveland got NE (Baltimore got Miami, Pitt got Buffalo), HOU (Baltimore got Indy, Pitt got Tennessee) and ARZ (Baltimore got Rams, Pitt got Seattle). By my math Cleveland got f***ed with the Pats and Cards draw. They won out by getting Houston. That's it.

Browns- Texans, Pats, Cards

Ravens- Colts, Dolphins, Rams

Steelers- Titans, Bills, Seahawks

I guess maybe Baltimore got boinked too but I'd rather play those 3 than NE and AZ

Wow, they got Houston, Detroit and Chicago AT HOME? What a gauntlet. Thank god they got those 3 at home otherwise they would've been in trouble. They got the Chiefs, Pats, and Packers on the road. 

Edited by beardown3231