2021 Around the League Thread

beardown3231

On 2/7/2022 at 2:08 PM, Madmike90 said:

I would also say the more I see that list the happier I am we landed Flus.

I like Flus because he gets good coaching is really about good teaching and accountability.

Best definition I could give in a sentence.   We will see how he does though.

Brian Daboll is getting credit for Josh Allen - but I think people are using that to justify their bad draft opinions of Josh Allen.  Josh was a stud on a bad college team.    

Hackett got that job because Rodgers.

Josh McDaniels knows football - I think that is a good hire.

Kevin OConnell is next man up on the McVay jobs program.  Everyone that coaches for McVay quickly gets a HC gig I guess.

Doug Pederson won a SB.  Those guys will always get at least a second chance somewhere.

Edited by dll2000
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

To be perfectly honest I would have been happier with McDaniels or Daboll just from a Fields development standpoint but I am willing to give Eberflus the benefit of the doubt because he seems like he has the right qualities to be a successful HC in this league. I guess only time will tell which of these hires end up being good.

This is the big thing for me...he doesn't seem like a defensive coordinator who is stepping up to be a HC...he feels like an HC.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Adam Schefter

@AdamSchefter

·

3m

Saints have informed their defensive coordinator Dennis Allen that they are hiring him as their next head coach, sources tell ESPN.

Once again Allen replaces Sean Payton, minus the interim title.

All positions filled now.

If Brian Flores hadn't filed a lawsuit, I fully believe that would be his job. Dennis Allen is not a good HC, good DC, but bad HC.

21 hours ago, topwop1 said:

Man Houston looks really bad for firing David Culley. 

How do you fire the guy after 1 season after he did a decent enough job and then take this long to find his replacement?

That Also happened to Steve Wilkes I believe) of the Cardinals a few years ago.  He was fired after one year.  They went 2-14, but I don't think you fire a coach after one year unless he does something illegal

I don't follow Houston, but it seemed like Culley had a bunch of 2nd and 3rd string guys, very few starters starting.  Almost as if he was set up to fail.  Personally I would have kept Culley and put a couple pieces around Mills.

That being said, I'm rooting for Lovie.  He was a good coach here, we had lots of 10+ win seasons, a few playoff games and a Super Bowl with Rex Grossman as our QB. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bowler1215 said:

That Also happened to Steve Wilkes I believe) of the Cardinals a few years ago.  He was fired after one year.  They went 2-14, but I don't think you fire a coach after one year unless he does something illegal

I don't follow Houston, but it seemed like Culley had a bunch of 2nd and 3rd string guys, very few starters starting.  Almost as if he was set up to fail.  Personally I would have kept Culley and put a couple pieces around Mills.

That being said, I'm rooting for Lovie.  He was a good coach here, we had lots of 10+ win seasons, a few playoff games and a Super Bowl with Rex Grossman as our QB. 

Maybe.  No one could have succeeded in that situation and everyone knew it.  He exceeded expectations.  

Maybe they are pissed because he was supposed to go winless and didn’t.  

No disrespect to the guys who were announced for the HoF but how the hell does Devin Hester not get in first ballot? There had never been a returner as good as him and hasn't been anyone since who has even gotten close...makes you wonder if this is yet more proof that the NFL want to quietly remove kick returns all together...

Maybe it's a generational thing but how against who did go on do you not have DeMarcus Ware selected? That a massive pass over as well.

7 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

No disrespect to the guys who were announced for the HoF but how the hell does Devin Hester not get in first ballot? There had never been a returner as good as him and hasn't been anyone since who has even gotten close...makes you wonder if this is yet more proof that the NFL want to quietly remove kick returns all together...

Maybe it's a generational thing but how against who did go on do you not have DeMarcus Ware selected? That a massive pass over as well.

People don’t have as much respect for special teams stars.

8 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

This was clearly not the hall of fame class with the best overall careers that's for sure. Look at who was left out. Any combination of those guys would have been better. 

• Like 1