Chris Baker Not Happy in Tampa, Should We?

MKnight82

7 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000865967/article/bucs-tj-ward-chris-baker-upset-with-playing-time 

Baker's not happy with his playing time in Tampa, and with Allen out we're thin on the Dline.  Should we consider trading something for Baker?

I'd love to have Baker back. The most I'd give is a conditional 7th. We could have signed him in March but FO & coaches didn't want him. I think trading for him at all is out of the question from their perspective.

It’d be great to trade any of our DL - but Ioannidis and Allen - for Baker but I’m pretty sure that’s an a pipe dream and I’m not even sold this coaching staff wants him back. In fact, I’m 99% sure they thought he was lazy and don’t.

There is definitely a reason they didn’t  offer him a contract while offering two guys who have less athletic ability but have better motors long term deals that we could get out of after a few years.

Another example of this is that Clinton McDonald - who the Bucs had hoped Baker would come in and replace Baker - beat him out for the starting job.

Archived