Broncos WR Jerry Jeudy out 6-8 weeks with high ankle sprain

RaidersAreOne

Could have been waaaay worse. Ankle sprains are an interesting bag. For some people, this injury could bother them for months. But I've also seen people recover from these things in like 3-4 weeks. All depends on what ligaments were damaged and to what extent. 

So “high ankle sprains” are such a misnomer. It’s an injury of the syndosmosis, the ligament between the tibia and fibula. If it’s a complete tear this can be more unstablizing than a fibular fracture. Add in the fact that blood supply to the tendon is barely adequate and recovery times can take up to a year to get back to 100% (again this is for a complete tear) I don’t know how bad his is but given the fact that his game is so reliant on quick plants and route running I doubt he is 100% until next season

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

So “high ankle sprains” are such a misnomer. It’s an injury of the syndosmosis, the ligament between the tibia and fibula. If it’s a complete tear this can be more unstablizing than a fibular fracture. Add in the fact that blood supply to the tendon is barely adequate and recovery times can take up to a year to get back to 100% (again this is for a complete tear) I don’t know how bad his is but given the fact that his game is so reliant on quick plants and route running I doubt he is 100% until next season

My concern, the second it happened, and I’m not an MD like yourself was precisely what you said - a guy who relies upon foot speed and quickness, this can be devastating. Now, that’s when I thought he had a broken fibula (and perhaps tibia as well, given what I saw on TV), but from what you say it sounds as though this could potentially be as bad. 

1 hour ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

Ooh. Never had that explained to me. I hate soft tissue injuries. I've had both, soft tissue and clean breaks. Give me a break anytime. 

Until we get the MRI won’t really know how bad it is.   I’m still shocked there isn’t a broken bone.   If there isn’t a complete dislocation of the ankle and / or fracture it’s just an insane testament to his flexibility (think Giannis and his knee sprain this year in hoops).   

Sucks so hard because if Hamler catches that TD that drive is done.   That’s the game though.   A massive part of my optimism with the team long term on O lies with Jeudy - he just puts CB’s in a blender.   We say that again yesterday.    If he’s healthy he’s going to be special.    We can only hope this is one he recovers from completely.    Fingers crossed.  

Edited by Broncofan

This is on Hamler, he should be sending Jerry a Edible Arraignment ASAP. 

That being said, while Jeudy is more talented and explosive, we have one of the best plug in backups in the league in Tim Patrick so I honestly dont think we miss much of a beat. Might even be arguably better in the RZ w/ Pat and Sutton on the wings. But Jerry is a gamebreaking loss, and if Hamler cant improve his hands our big play abilities take a hit here (Albeit we have a absolutely unique duo of big play capable TE's to help there). 

What I am saying is it sucks, thats not debatable. But it also shows just how deep this team is w/ offensive weapons. Its fun to watch offense for the first time in 5 years and losing Jerry isnt going to stop that due to our plethora of talent. 

34 minutes ago, broncosfan_101 said:

As someone who didn’t think we could sneak a couple of WR’s onto our practice squad, I sure am glad I was wrong and that we didn’t trade Tim Patrick. If anything, now the Benson trade is looking like a bit of a mistake. 

The “should we trade Tim Patrick” talk was always p crazy to me. And Court still looks to be recovering a bit