Week 1 postgame: Burn it all down

mikebpackfan

2 hours ago, hitnhope said:

Meanwhile Gute gets a free pass when he bears responsibility for a roster that looked badly outclassed.

He stood pat with a defense that is nowhere close to being a quality unit.   His moves in the trenches failed miserably in its first test.

The major weakness I will blame on Gute is definitely that DL. I think the rest of the roster SHOULD BE more than adequate, but that DL outside of Kenny is unseasoned or flat out bad. Unfortunately for us everything starts up front.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

Would love to see Stokes get the start over King next week

Cant say it's gonna happen next week - but it's gonna happen. I was hoping King would make a come back this year. Prove he was better than 2020. Today didnt change that narrative. It solidified it.

12 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

this team would be lucky to get to 3-3 by the time bakh gets back to the field.  If he's back week 7, they can make a run in the last 10 games, go 7-4 or so and get in the playoffs.

next 4-5 weeks are gonna look tough against any decent opponent.  Lot of change on the defensive side, and a lot of change on the OL

Assuming this week is the outlier, they should be able to go into week 7 at 4-2. Toughest game will be Pittsburgh. They do get "Road Ben" who has been quite a different player than "Home Ben".

49ers are scary in some ways, but they almost completely imploded against the Lions today.

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

Cant say it's gonna happen next week - but it's gonna happen. I was hoping King would make a come back this year. Prove he was better than 2020. Today didnt change that narrative. It solidified it.

Whether it’s injuries or whatever, King looks insanely slow. He’s off of his old timed speed by a decent margin. The King that ran a 4.4 is long gone. 

1 minute ago, Isherwood said:

Whether it’s injuries or whatever, King looks insanely slow. He’s off of his old timed speed by a decent margin. The King that ran a 4.4 is long gone. 

Could very well be. I dont know the NOLA WR that torched him for a long TD - but the route was a carbon copy of what Miller did to him in the NFCCG - which is frightening.

If the guy's gonna continually get torched - they're gonna keep running those routes - which - is what will put Stokes on the field.

That play was one of many blown assignments by lots of guys today - but it stands out in its similarity to last year and that cant be allowed to go on.  That has to be answered - either by better play by King - or his replacement.

Worrying thing was this game looked just like a continuation of the preseason:

Defence looked worse - where is Mike Pettine these days?

Offence failed to sustain drives - what happened to the misdirection, clever scheming, why is their an aversion to use Dillon?

Redzone turnovers (slightly concerned this is a thing for Love, where he losses composure near the endzone)

We are a team that lives and dies by our offence. The defence can chip in with a stop here or there and a turnover or two but if the offence is not in sync we are screwed. What amazes me we were playing a team which basically had no corners and those DT's on their team are nothing to write home about. 

Remind me why we didn't trade Rodgers.

Was it because we thought that extra year of his youth and coming off an MVP season would be worse than an extra year of age and playing like he hates the Packers would improve his value?

That lack of a move by Gute could have set the Packers back by ten years.

5 hours ago, hitnhope said:

Meanwhile Gute gets a free pass when he bears responsibility for a roster that looked badly outclassed.

He stood pat with a defense that is nowhere close to being a quality unit.   His moves in the trenches failed miserably in its first test.

Disagree.

This is a very strong team that isn't going to fall apart just because of Linsley. They just didn't look ready. The lack of pre-season was a mistake. Everything about Packers looked like a team that wasn't sharp and wasn't ready. It wasn't about roster building, Rodgers , AJ or the defence. 

Something went very badly wrong in the preparation. Very badly wrong. 

• Like 1

I don't get it, since 2011, when the Chiefs played two high safeties and we lost our only regular season game, we have known this look is the cryptonite to Rodgers passing, so why in ten years have we not figuted out what to do when teams decide to play two high safeties? Rodgers said in the presser they weren't expecting the Saints to play that way, so isn't there an auto adjustment that should happen and we go, scrap our game plan and let's do the 'anti-two high safety plan?'

I really feel we need to use Dillon to establish the run and use Jones more if and when we are in rhythm to keep the opposition guessing.

Just now, Brit Pack said:

I don't get it, since 2011, when the Chiefs played two high safeties and we lost our only regular season game, we have known this look is the cryptonite to Rodgers passing, so why in ten years have we not figuted out what to do when teams decide to play two high safeties? Rodgers said in the presser they weren't expecting the Saints to play that way, so isn't there an auto adjustment that should happen and we go, scrap our game plan and let's do the 'anti-two high safety plan?'

Ask Aaron Rodgers why Aaron Rodgers can't beat two high safeties.

Aaron Rodgers is literally the only constant to the Packers getting dominated against two high safeties.

Some teams without the talent up front try it and Rodgers torches them.

If there is a single talented defense that plays Rodgers that way, it's a guaranteed blowout. Unless they have Mitch Trubisky or something similar at QB.

is anyone going to start a "who to take #1 overall" thread? cause we looked awful today. have the packers ever drafted #1 overall? 

maybe an offseason of drama was not what this team needed. whole team played pretty much like they didn't want to be out there for the most part and the game plan didn't seem to evolve with the game. heard a reporter quote coach say they only had the ball like 5 minutes in the first half so his game plan hadn't  really gotten implemented. 

we seem to lay an egg every year so hopefully this just gets it out of the way and we can all 

Green Bay Packers Reaction GIF by Martellus Bennett's Text Back Pack

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Ask Aaron Rodgers why Aaron Rodgers can't beat two high safeties.

Aaron Rodgers is literally the only constant to the Packers getting dominated against two high safeties.

Some teams without the talent up front try it and Rodgers torches them.

If there is a single talented defense that plays Rodgers that way, it's a guaranteed blowout. Unless they have Mitch Trubisky or something similar at QB.

I am beyond sick of the “oh they played 2 shell” excuse. It’s not like it’s a HoF QB killer, or every team would run it all the time. Average QBs have “normal” games against it all the time. Why is it a tire fire when Rodgers goes against it?