Week 1 postgame: Burn it all down

5 minutes ago, Striker said:

It's a little too early in the season to do that. If they do this vs. DET/PIT/SF, then I would be super concerned.

it wasn't too early for me to feel this way wayyyy back in the offseason. I was irrationally hopeful I'd be wrong.

Positive

- Punter and Kicker looked good

- Defensively I thought Gary, Alexander, and Slaton stood out in a positive way. 

- Offensively I'd say Dillion ran hard, Jenkins played solid at LT(and made two tackles), and Cobb/Taylor ran routes well.

- This is one game out of now 17, so it isn't the end of the world and hopefully rallies the team to bounce back.

Negative

- The run defense was not good, and that opened up passing opportunities for NO. To go with that they couldn't contain QB scrambles on a not particularly mobile QB.

- Almost the entire offense played poorly, from the QB to the O-Line to the WRs. They just lacked energy, and didn't play with any passion. 

- Coaching. There were some head scratchers on offense, and a lot on defense. More troubling to me is not making adjustments to both playcalling/personnel and hoping things just work out.

- Sitting starters during pre-season. It just never works and you basically sacrifice regular season games to get your team ready. 

- Leadership. Honestly, who are the leaders on this team? There was nobody holding anyone accountable or leading by example. Obviously there is time for players to grow into that role, but you would hope it would have happened at some point omin training camp. I want to see that leader on all phases of the game injecting the team with energy and helping others play better. Instead I know worry about the mental state of the team (although I'm not surprised by this either).

Edited by BluePacker

Its a long season. Drink, cry or pray your feelings away tonight...Or hell, make it a combo meal. If I was a betting man, and I am... I wouldn't post a lot tonight. Doubt it will hold up in the long run. That being said, today ******* sucked.

Love you all, good night!

Edited by Toddfather
  • Like 2
32 minutes ago, Striker said:

Burn the tape and start over next week by smoking the Lions.

Normally I’d say the Lions would be terrified having to face GB after they got smoked.  In this case, they might actually be licking their chops, lol.

Perhaps

Just perhaps

The Saints were stylistic nightmares for this team defensively and we didn't appreciate just how big the gap in our interiors was before this game.

Or you know maybe Rodgers is satan and cancer and stuff and it'll all be better when he leaves.

I'll let you decide.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

Perhaps

Just perhaps

The Saints were stylistic nightmares for this team defensively and we didn't appreciate just how big the gap in our interiors was before this game.

Or you know maybe Rodgers is satan and cancer and stuff and it'll all be better when he leaves.

I'll let you decide.

It's the second one