My Musings on the "First Game of the Season"

Thaiphoon

On 9/13/2021 at 2:49 AM, Doc Draper said:

Gives new meaning to the term "poop deck" (*)

(*) Thank you. I'll be here all week with Dad jokes.

• Like 2

On 9/13/2021 at 1:04 AM, naptownskinsfan said:

At the Navy/Air Force game yesterday, the network was struggling to keep up due to the amount of people on it, especially once the march-on occurred.  Every vendor was struggling except my team, as we were prepared and were taking cash and card despite Sodexo and Navy advertising cashless.  

As to the rest of the supplies angle, sure, it’s chintzy.  I am wondering what lot he was in, because I am in one of the purple ones and we had four in my area.  That is probably one of the gameday measures where they are cutting back to save themselves a bit of money.  Despite coming off a division championship, there were less people at the game then I expected.  

Given how they played on Sunday, I expect an even smaller crowd Thursday night until this team actually starts winning and puts a better and more exciting product on the field. I’m very worried it’s going to 50/50 w/ as many Giants fans as Washington fans. It could be an embarrassment on a national prime time game like we’ve seen before unless this team actually plays well and we whip up on the Giants.

14 hours ago, e16bball said:

Honestly, the “2022 QBs” thread basically is the draft thread. Lord, what else could we possibly even spend much time thinking about using a draft pick on?

“Well, we could take a QB — but I really like this WLB and this RG, I think that’s the value for us!”

Sadly, that’s probably where it will end up.

Okay. You're absolutely right. So I went ahead and pinned it. (*)

(*) to save time - for all those coming for me for putting up a draft thread when we're only 0-1. If we go 0-2, then I'm just beating the rush to the exits.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, e16bball said:

Honestly, the “2022 QBs” thread basically is the draft thread. Lord, what else could we possibly even spend much time thinking about using a draft pick on?

“Well, we could take a QB — but I really like this WLB and this RG, I think that’s the value for us!”

I don’t know, I’m thinking we need to take another defensive lineman! 😂 jk 

17 hours ago, e16bball said:

We do have people who want us to replace Hopkins……..

5 hours ago, Woz said:

Aaron Rodgers?

If we don’t gas up Redwolves1 & roll out the red carpet for Rodgers next March Rivera should be fired! It’d be awesome to get Rodgers, he’d make us a contender for sure. We have to get him! He could end up in Denver but we should do everything we can to sign him!

Forgot to report on this, but in the bathroom above my section, at least three urinals were overflowing.  And this was at 60% capacity, imagine if we were close to 100%, or even 15 years ago at our old capacity.  This stadium is falling apart rapidly.  

The new turf is still lulzy.  

Digital tickets are still a frustration piece.  The lines getting into the parking lot are taking longer because they used to just waive you in based on your color of pass.  Now you stop, scan in, and most people have trouble with the scan.  

Getting into the stadium……same deal.  Instead of having everyone scan their own paper ticket, you have to scan each one, swipe over on your phone to the next.  And of course, a lot of people have trouble with the scan.

One positive I will say about the game day experience, at least from the Chicken Guy stand…….the food was hot.  Both the fries and chicken burned the roof of my mouth.  I’ve never had that happen before at Fed Ex, usually the food is stone cold.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Forgot to report on this, but in the bathroom above my section, at least three urinals were overflowing.  And this was at 60% capacity, imagine if we were close to 100%, or even 15 years ago at our old capacity.  This stadium is falling apart rapidly.  

This isn't falling apart as much as just not paying in upkeep.

It's still pathetic, but more due to incompetence as just age (see Oakland Coliseum or Qualcomm Stadium).

• Like 2