Post Game week 1

MdTitansFan56

I really don’t know what the pros were today lol 

Few small ones on offense were AJ Brown and Chester Rodgers

Kylers mobility was ridiculous today so I didn’t notice Autry and Tart very much 

Pass rush got close a few times but obviously whiffed a bunch 

One thing that is getting frustrating is it seems we turn our draft picks into a minor league affiliate in the way we handle them 

We are always going slow and most times not getting any help from them at all to start these seasons 

Last year Wilson was a mess and didn’t play

This year we only played Farley on Special Teams until the very end

Today no Radunz or Weaver 

The players have to be better though

O-Line was man handled 

Defense had a ton of missed tackles and missed opportunities  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Titans fan 617 said:

I really don’t know what the pros were today lol 

Few small ones on offense were AJ Brown and Chester Rodgers

Kylers mobility was ridiculous today so I didn’t notice Autry and Tart very much 

Pass rush got close a few times but obviously whiffed a bunch 

One thing that is getting frustrating is it seems we turn our draft picks into a minor league affiliate in the way we handle them 

We are always going slow and most times not getting any help from them at all to start these seasons 

Last year Wilson was a mess and didn’t play

This year we only played Farley on Special Teams until the very end

Today no Radunz or Weaver 

The players have to be better though

O-Line was man handled 

Defense had a ton of missed tackles and missed opportunities  

The only pro I've partially come up with is, against a lot of other qbs the pass rush should actually get there. Maybe that's just blind optimism and me needing to try to find a positive.  But I gotta say it was a rough 3 hours yesterday. But hey we've had these games the last couple of seasons as well so fingers crossed. 

The defense, I will say, wasn’t as bad as the score showed. Turnovers near the goal line and the offense’s inability to do anything put them in a ton of tough spots.

Obviously the o-line got manhandled. Julio still isn’t on the same page with Tannehill, and it looks like all of those touches are catching up with Henry.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Daniel said:

The defense, I will say, wasn’t as bad as the score showed. Turnovers near the goal line and the offense’s inability to do anything put them in a ton of tough spots.

Obviously the o-line got manhandled. Julio still isn’t on the same page with Tannehill, and it looks like all of those touches are catching up with Henry.

Maybe, but he’s always been pretty mediocre in September especially the first couple of games.

1 hour ago, deeluxx3 said:

Here’s a takeaway after yesterday 

we are 6-7 in our last 13 games

teams have figured us out and a weakening OL is only going to make things worse. Adapt or die.

Thats a really good stat Deeluxx

I had no idea it has been that bad

We have the pieces on O-Line to be as good as our playoff run

But it starts with Lewan being healthy and getting back into his old form

The other thing is they better figure out RT quick

Quess looked awful to start yesterday but the thing we will never know is did Tannehill have bad checks at the line? Was it just Quess was just so bad? The first sack and fumble was awful because how do you not even point out Jones and even attempt to block him?

Someone said it yesterday in here but i think id much rather just go with Radunz and let him sink or swim

If hes the plan for the future later in the season then just go with him now

If he isnt the plan then go sign a veteran

But they definitely F'd up by letting Kelly go

3 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Maybe, but he’s always been pretty mediocre in September especially the first couple of games.

Ya that and Henry had no running room for the whole first half.

Im not worried about Henry, he wasnt the problem

The thing i hate about the Titans is yes i know the offense runs through Henry but the Titans never ever know how to handle it when hes being stopped

Normally when you have great D-Lines that are getting after the QB quick you spread them out and throw some quick passes and go hurry up to slow down the pass rush and the Titans never do that 

23 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Defense was put in some bad positions but it still sucked

In the last six years, we’ve made Lewan and Saffold two of the highest paid players at their position, given Ben Jones good money, and spent two firsts, a second and a third on offensive linemen. Losing games because of OL play is just brutal given the insane amount of assets we’ve poured into that unit during Robinson’s tenure.

• Like 3

I've continuously tried to shake the feeling of hopelessness from yesterdays game, the only thing I can keep saying is we will see next week. That's not a good thing. I agree with @titans0021 we;ve dumped entirely too much stock into offensive line to be considered below average and show up as bad as they did yesterday. Radunz may as well be starting to learn on the job. Complete gut punch yesterday. 

I dont like to use it as an excuse because i feel like you just have to be better but all the guys who got Covid leading up to yesterday really looked rusty

I know Vrabel and them are going to continue to take care of veterans but Julio Lewan Jones Saffold and anyone else that looked like crap yesterday need to practice this week

Arizona looked in sync the whole game because they practiced their butts off

This week will tell us a lot about the character of this team

Seattle is good but they are beatable

Titans will need to coach better and definitely play better

Colts hosting the Rams

Jags hosting the Broncos

Texans going to Cleveland

Even if we lose the season isnt over but i would still like to get a W and have some momentum going into the Colts game

46 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

In the last six years, we’ve made Lewan and Saffold two of the highest paid players at their position, given Ben Jones good money, and spent two firsts, a second and a third on offensive linemen. Losing games because of OL play is just brutal given the insane amount of assets we’ve poured into that unit during Robinson’s tenure.

Yea. If Farley doesn't become a solid contributor or is injury plagued, Robinson will be on the chopping block for me. 

2 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

Yea. If Farley doesn't become a solid contributor or is injury plagued, Robinson will be on the chopping block for me. 

I dont want this to sound like im firing the coach after 1 game but I will say if we do have an under performing team this year, he will probably have to be looked at as well