Post Game week 1

MdTitansFan56

Yesterday was rough. Just terrible all around with few bright spots.

And yet….I’m still of the belief this team will be contending by season’s end. Could be me being a complete homer, could be me just not ready to throw a season away after week 1 because nothing from yesterday should have anyone feeling great. However I’m still of the belief that this team has too much talent and has a history of bouncing back to believe it’s all doom and gloom.

Week ones causes massive overreactions all over the league, and it’s heightened when you have an all time bad showing. I think that’s what we’re in the middle of.

Edited by TitanSlim

3 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Yesterday was rough. Just terrible all around with few bright spots.

And yet….I’m still of the belief this team will be contending by season’s end. Could be me being a complete homer, could be me just not ready to throw a season away after week 1 because nothing from yesterday should have anyone feeling great. However I’m still of the belief that this team has too talent and has a history of bouncing back to believe it’s all doom and gloom.

Week ones causes massive overreactions all over the league, and it’s heightened when you have an all time bad showing. I think that’s what we’re in the middle of.

I dont think you are being a homer

This is a talented team

They are just very rusty

A lot of guys have not practiced together in weeks and in some cases months

The scary part is we just do not know how fast can these guys shake the rust off

Im not off the band wagon

I get its hard to compare anything to the GOAT in TB12, but he did look bad vs NO last season to open up. They looked like crap during most of the season to be honest. They eventually turned it around after getting steam rolled by KC in late November

Just hope these coaches and players are able to get it together sooner rather than later

Obviously we do need to remember that this is just one game. Still have a talented team and "should" win our division.

But man. I think the fact that we have a former OC mega-failure in Downing and a first-year DC in Bowen is just so uninspiring. Vrabel really values career growth and opportunity for his guys...like John Streicher. And that's a good thing I guess. But it also can lead to big growing pains in a league where you just can't have them for too long. 

Smith turned out to be a home run, but I'm not optimistic that Downing/Bowen will be.

1 minute ago, Titans fan 617 said:

I dont think you are being a homer

This is a talented team

They are just very rusty

A lot of guys have not practiced together in weeks and in some cases months

The scary part is we just do not know how fast can these guys shake the rust off

Im not off the band wagon

I get its hard to compare anything to the GOAT in TB12, but he did look bad vs NO last season to open up. They looked like crap during most of the season to be honest. They eventually turned it around after getting steam rolled by KC in late November

Just hope these coaches and players are able to get it together sooner rather than later

In hindsight, it was a bit of recipe for a bad game. Offense that barely practice together during training camp. Lewan first game back from an ACL tear being against one of the best pass rushers in the league. Julio missing most of TC. Ben Jones and Nate Davis just coming back from Covid list days before the game, not to mention Tannehill having Covid also. Derrick Henry being a notoriously slow starter to the season. A WIP defense going against an explosive offense. Not a good matchup team wise to work out the rust and kinks.

Next weeks game is going to be tough as well but after that we have a 3 game stretch that could make or break the season.  Vs Indy. @ NYJ. @ JAC.  Win those and things are back on the upswing and the team has momentum and confidence. Lose them or go 1-2 and….yeah, it won’t be pretty around here.

1 minute ago, TitanSlim said:

In hindsight, it was a bit of recipe for a bad game. Offense that barely practice together during training camp. Lewan first game back from an ACL tear being against one of the best pass rushers in the league. Julio missing most of TC. Ben Jones and Nate Davis just coming back from Covid list days before the game, not to mention Tannehill having Covid also. Derrick Henry being a notoriously slow starter to the season. A WIP defense going against an explosive offense. Not a good matchup team wise to work out the rust and kinks.

Next weeks game is going to be tough as well but after that we have a 3 game stretch that could make or break the season.  Vs Indy. @ NYJ. @ JAC.  Win those and things are back on the upswing and the team has momentum and confidence. Lose them or go 1-2 and….yeah, it won’t be pretty around here.

Also we finally had a kicker that seemed to be saving us from being nervous everytime we were about to see a FG and he pulls a groin and then we have to watch Badgley wiss down his leg

Badgley needs to be gone

Also very shocked Vrabel didnt go for it on 4th and 1 on the miss FG

Just have to turn the page

If the Titans go out west and pull it off the vibes will  be totally different next Monday

I think a hungry team came into Nashville and faced a team who thought they could just waltz right into the season half-assing TC and being babied by their HC. I think the Titans were eating up that preseason hype and got smacked right in the mouth. I’m mainly talking about the offense because at least most of the defense played in preseason and worked a lot in TC. I expected the defense to be bad though because no matter the personnel, it doesn’t matter when it’s Vrabel’s defense. It’ll never be a good defense as long as he has control. Arizona is definitely going to be a top 10 offense, maybe even higher. Combine that with a terrible offense who gave them terrible field position all day, 38 is expected. Great defenses overcome that and this clearly isn’t a great defense. Not even good. Could it be mediocre, maybe but that’s not good enough. 

The OL should not be this bad especially when we have basically 3 TEs who are only here because they can block. If Mitchell Schwartz wants to play this season when he gets healthy, we should be on the phone immediately once he’s cleared. 

Just read Vrabel ripping Jones apart in public for the penalty, and I think he mentioned the drops as well. Has this ever happened before with him? I haven't always kept up with his post-game conferences, but seems so weird that he would call out a player like Jones like that. And it's only week 1. 

I mean, I get wanting to impose your philosphy and demand discipline, but that's a veteran you just traded for and you just call him out like this for something that wasn't even remotely close to being a game-changing penalty because the whole unit, starting with coaching and game-planning, sucked so bad? What the hell?!

8 minutes ago, Andrei01 said:

Just read Vrabel ripping Jones apart in public for the penalty, and I think he mentioned the drops as well. Has this ever happened before with him? I haven't always kept up with his post-game conferences, but seems so weird that he would call out a player like Jones like that. And it's only week 1. 

I mean, I get wanting to impose your philosphy and demand discipline, but that's a veteran you just traded for and you just call him out like this for something that wasn't even remotely close to being a game-changing penalty because the whole unit, starting with coaching and game-planning, sucked so bad? What the hell?!

Wouldn’t say he called him out. He was asked a question of the penalty and responded. It was a dumb penalty and there’s nothing wrong with saying that.