MNF: BAL @ LVR Thread

Sad People

Who wins?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Ravens
    • Raiders

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/14/2021 at 12:50 AM

On the plus side for the Ravens additions, Sammy Watkins seemed pretty good. It's nice to have two WRs on the field who are competent NFL players. Especially when Big Game Andrews shows up. Of course, I know Watkins is only to last like 3 more games, but hopefully Bateman will be back by then to take over.

7 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Yet the Ravens have still been one of the most dominant teams in the league. 

Yes. Hopefully for the Ravens under Lamar that continues. Obviously McNair as a passer got a better a couple of years later, and put up better numbers. Lamar has that chance. After a while I think he'll have to make that transition. 

14 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Yes. Hopefully for the Ravens under Lamar that continues. Obviously McNair as a passer got a better a couple of years later, and put up better numbers. Lamar has that chance. After a while I think he'll have to make that transition. 

When Lamar was kept clean and not running for his life he was actually a pretty damn good and accurate passer...

1 hour ago, wackywabbit said:

On the plus side for the Ravens additions, Sammy Watkins seemed pretty good. It's nice to have two WRs on the field who are competent NFL players. Especially when Big Game Andrews shows up. Of course, I know Watkins is only to last like 3 more games, but hopefully Bateman will be back by then to take over.

AWFULLY optimistic there 

37 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

True. His protection was *** on MNF. I am curious to see how he'd look like in another offense. I'm guessing Roman won't be around forever. 

For comparison, he was pressured more than Patrick Mahomes was in the Super Bowl.

It was just awful, and yet despite that, Lamar led TWO SEPARATE would-be game winning drives.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

For comparison, he was pressured more than Patrick Mahomes was in the Super Bowl.

It was just awful, and yet despite that, Lamar led TWO SEPARATE would-be game winning drives.

How DARE you use Lamar and Mahomes in the same sentence?!?!

Don't you know that Lamar comes with elite QB expectations without competent QB credit? If he can't lead an offense that puts up 30+ points when pressured more than half the time he drops back, then he shouldn't have a job in the NFL.

If it wasn't for the fumbles, I'd strongly defend that he had a good game in the circumstances, but those were big. That first one especially was on him, and he's acknowledged as much.

Edited by wackywabbit
  • Like 2

seems like Lamar has to be perfect for some people to not have doubts about him lol IDC if his passing is not the greatest, its good enough and matched that with his ability to run..makes him one of most dangerous quarterbacks in the NFL ..steelers have done well against him, but I'm still not looking forward to them playing him

• Like 1

Lamar had two fumbles.. That is a problem, regardless of the OL issues

But overall, Lamar played a very strong game, fumbles included. Lamar's performance far outweighed a mid-level starter in the same position

The defense's utter failures in the 2nd half was the biggest issue, and Baltimore's pass protection was a close second

28 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

Lamar had two fumbles.. That is a problem, regardless of the OL issues

I have faith Lamar will fix the fumbles. That seemed like a week 1/carelessness type of thing and historically Lamar doesn't have that issue.

But overall, Lamar played a very strong game, fumbles included. Lamar's performance far outweighed a mid-level starter in the same position

Yep. Lamar did as good or better than any QB in the same situation.

The defense's utter failures in the 2nd half was the biggest issue, and Baltimore's pass protection was a close second

Agreed, I think it's more of a 1a 1b type of thing. Defense gets the huge interception when the game should've been easily over, offense immediately turns it over. Offense scores a game-winning (what should have been) drive, defense gives up 2 huge chunk plays to allow the game to be tied. One unit kept failing if the other succeeded.

I think people still don't really care about supporting casts and they matter a **** ton in the NFL.

When your supporting cast sucks, you will struggle regardless who you are.

Lamar had the worst pass protection in week 1 and last year one of the worst receiving corps.

6 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

The worst part is that he still wasn't as bad as EITHER of our tackles. Seriously, how do you have a worse pass blocking grade than Taylor Lewan, when Jones had 5 sacks?

ihjdalp7chn71.png

Let’s not pretend Myles Garrett is an ideal matchup for a LT adjusting to an entirely new scheme.

He can’t be any worse than Eric Fisher and we still aren’t committed to him long term if he doesn’t catch up to speed. And with the 2nd round pick we got from the deal we drafted a monster center in Creed Humphrey, who Orlando Brown told Veach to draft because Creed Humphrey was a legend at Oklahoma and teammates with Brown.

You guys hooked up the best team in the AFC. It was a horrible trade no way around it 

This linebacker we got with our other 2nd Nick Bolton looks like the real deal too. Guy does not look like a rookie at all. 

Were the best team in the league Veach should not have been able to get two 2nds and Orlando Brown without giving up any future draft capital. It was maybe the most impressive maneuver of the offseason. 

6 minutes ago, Kirill said:

This linebacker we got with our other 2nd Nick Bolton looks like the real deal too. Guy does not look like a rookie at all. 

Were the best team in the league Veach should not have been able to get two 2nds and Orlando Brown without giving up any future draft capital. It was maybe the most impressive maneuver of the offseason. 

wrong thread.

• Like 1