Jump to content

Refs made the game difficult, but the offense flat out QUIT


Recommended Posts

From the first 15 yard penalty for roughness on a player who was still in bounds to the no call on the late hit against Patterson I knew the game was rigged. But the defense kept us within reason and the Offense QUIT.

Godert didn't catch the touchdown, the ball was on the ground and he re-adjusted, there should be 2 seconds on the clock at the end of the first half and them kicking a field goal.

The disgusting no calls against Philly that were getting turned around and called against Atlanta made me sick to my stomach, but I'm used to refs trying to screw the Falcons over, especially at home. What was more disgusting was the offense QUITTING! Wtf was that?

If Mayfield is on the roster tomorrow I'm giving up on Terry already. He has to be cut, easily the worst player I've ever seen in the NFL.

I don't get the play call going into the 2 minute warning at half, give Ryan a chance.

I don't get why Patterson got yanked out of the game when he was just flat out gouging that defense.

I don't get why Ridley and Pitts had less than 10 combined targets.

I just don't get it. The defense KEPT coming back in bad situations and gave the Falcons a chance. Dean Peas is a freaking miracle worker, but this madness HAS to end.  Start cutting players that don't perform and send a signal out there. This kid should have never been drafted, and 100% should not be in the NFL. See ya Mayfield.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

This game felt like a preseason game too me, not a season opener. The amount of penalties and lack of execution of offense was staggering and the playcalling wasn't very inspired. I get wanting to establish the run but at some point you have to challenge a defense deep in order to stretch the field. Longest completion was like 18 yards, that was like the average depth of target in 2016.

Matt Ryan has always been a rhythm passer, get him out of the rhythm by having the Oline mess up and games like these is what you end up with. I don't mind Ridley and Pitts having less then 10 targets, if that means Gage and Hurst are feasting but that didn't happen either.

Overall a very sloppy game against a stiff defensive team and an aweful product to watch with all those penalties.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

a few thoughts: 

- offense came out looking really good. stalled drives in the red zone hurt us early. we couldn't finish. 

- I actually liked the play calling early on. it became clear that after the first few drives the lack of aggression on offense was due to our OL. philly was getting constant pressure on ryan, only rushing 4. their d line is really good, but this is concerning moving forward. LG is a problem, but the whole line needs to get better in pass pro. 

- defense played solid overall. coverage actually seemed good, it was hurts extending plays that killed us. peas is good, but at the end of the day if you can't get pressure without blitzing, it's going to be a long game. we don't have a ton of talent on the edges. 

- agreed with the goedert call, but I figured they weren't going to overturn that. it was really dark. unfortunate break, but we can't blame the refs for this one. philly was the better team yesterday. 

- need to clean up the penalties. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/13/2021 at 10:27 AM, swoosh said:

a few thoughts: 

- offense came out looking really good. stalled drives in the red zone hurt us early. we couldn't finish. 

- I actually liked the play calling early on. it became clear that after the first few drives the lack of aggression on offense was due to our OL. philly was getting constant pressure on ryan, only rushing 4. their d line is really good, but this is concerning moving forward. LG is a problem, but the whole line needs to get better in pass pro. 

- defense played solid overall. coverage actually seemed good, it was hurts extending plays that killed us. peas is good, but at the end of the day if you can't get pressure without blitzing, it's going to be a long game. we don't have a ton of talent on the edges. 

- agreed with the goedert call, but I figured they weren't going to overturn that. it was really dark. unfortunate break, but we can't blame the refs for this one. philly was the better team yesterday. 

- need to clean up the penalties. 

agreed on the first two points

Hurts extending plays is rough, but the inability to stop screens killed them early.

If I'm Blank, I paint the end zones white moving forwad

Agreed on penalties.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/13/2021 at 7:09 AM, DutchFalcon said:

This game felt like a preseason game too me, not a season opener. The amount of penalties and lack of execution of offense was staggering and the playcalling wasn't very inspired. I get wanting to establish the run but at some point you have to challenge a defense deep in order to stretch the field. Longest completion was like 18 yards, that was like the average depth of target in 2016.

Matt Ryan has always been a rhythm passer, get him out of the rhythm by having the Oline mess up and games like these is what you end up with. I don't mind Ridley and Pitts having less then 10 targets, if that means Gage and Hurst are feasting but that didn't happen either.

Overall a very sloppy game against a stiff defensive team and an aweful product to watch with all those penalties.

Agreed on all of this. 

On 9/12/2021 at 11:31 PM, iloxygenil said:

From the first 15 yard penalty for roughness on a player who was still in bounds to the no call on the late hit against Patterson I knew the game was rigged. But the defense kept us within reason and the Offense QUIT.

Godert didn't catch the touchdown, the ball was on the ground and he re-adjusted, there should be 2 seconds on the clock at the end of the first half and them kicking a field goal.

The disgusting no calls against Philly that were getting turned around and called against Atlanta made me sick to my stomach, but I'm used to refs trying to screw the Falcons over, especially at home. What was more disgusting was the offense QUITTING! Wtf was that?

If Mayfield is on the roster tomorrow I'm giving up on Terry already. He has to be cut, easily the worst player I've ever seen in the NFL.

I don't get the play call going into the 2 minute warning at half, give Ryan a chance.

I don't get why Patterson got yanked out of the game when he was just flat out gouging that defense.

I don't get why Ridley and Pitts had less than 10 combined targets.

I just don't get it. The defense KEPT coming back in bad situations and gave the Falcons a chance. Dean Peas is a freaking miracle worker, but this madness HAS to end.  Start cutting players that don't perform and send a signal out there. This kid should have never been drafted, and 100% should not be in the NFL. See ya Mayfield.

Penalties were definitely a killer. The Goedert catch and the Ertz catch were egregious misses by the refs. 

Mayfield has a shot at being good. He had a rough week, but this idea that you cut someone after one bad game would have hurt the Falcons over the years. Do you not remember Roddy White's first few games? 

Agreed on play calling in 2 min

Patterson getting yanked was just a rotation thing

This was a learning experience for new head coaches against an extremely good opponent. Schedule makers didn't do the Falcons any favors early this year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/17/2021 at 9:23 AM, scar988 said:

Agreed on all of this. 

Penalties were definitely a killer. The Goedert catch and the Ertz catch were egregious misses by the refs. 

Mayfield has a shot at being good. He had a rough week, but this idea that you cut someone after one bad game would have hurt the Falcons over the years. Do you not remember Roddy White's first few games? 

Agreed on play calling in 2 min

Patterson getting yanked was just a rotation thing

This was a learning experience for new head coaches against an extremely good opponent. Schedule makers didn't do the Falcons any favors early this year.

Mayfield and our punter both would be cut off any other team in the NFL right now, what an atrocity.  The Falcons claw back into today's game, their punter pins us deep, Mayfield can't block anyone gets blown up we get nowhere and then our punter shanks the game away. What an atrocity these scrubs have NFL jobs.

Outside of that, the team looked decent today with a LOT of room to improve. Pitts is a freak, but I want to feel more of his impact, I loved seeing that growth today.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, iloxygenil said:

Mayfield and our punter both would be cut off any other team in the NFL right now, what an atrocity.  The Falcons claw back into today's game, their punter pins us deep, Mayfield can't block anyone gets blown up we get nowhere and then our punter shanks the game away. What an atrocity these scrubs have NFL jobs.

Outside of that, the team looked decent today with a LOT of room to improve. Pitts is a freak, but I want to feel more of his impact, I loved seeing that growth today.

Mayfield wasn't the one getting blown up. The reason the pass rush was getting through was delay blitzes from angles. Mayfield was so much better today and I don't think you know how to evaluate OL if you think Mayfield was the issue. McGary on the other hand was atrocious.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/20/2021 at 8:49 AM, scar988 said:

Mayfield wasn't the one getting blown up. The reason the pass rush was getting through was delay blitzes from angles. Mayfield was so much better today and I don't think you know how to evaluate OL if you think Mayfield was the issue. McGary on the other hand was atrocious.

Mayfield had no idea how to hand off any of those stunts and he’s too much marshmallow to block anyone

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, scar988 said:

He needs more coaching, but he's definitely was doing a solid job for the majority of the game. 

The entire offense is handicapped by his play. Hennessy was forced left to double with him on nearly every play which allowed those free blitzes far too often. The routes being run by Ridley are an embarrassment to his skill set but Ryan has 2 seconds back there so ball has to be out in an instant. I’m not saying it’s only him, but when the whole scheme is having to adapt because of how bad you are… woof

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, iloxygenil said:

The entire offense is handicapped by his play. Hennessy was forced left to double with him on nearly every play which allowed those free blitzes far too often. The routes being run by Ridley are an embarrassment to his skill set but Ryan has 2 seconds back there so ball has to be out in an instant. I’m not saying it’s only him, but when the whole scheme is having to adapt because of how bad you are… woof

He improve from game one to game two. I expect more improvement when his draws aren't Fletcher Cox and Vita Vea.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/23/2021 at 11:05 AM, scar988 said:

He improve from game one to game two. I expect more improvement when his draws aren't Fletcher Cox and Vita Vea.

He had someone in tandem with him the whole game and it disrupted everything about the offense. If we can’t win in the trenches we can’t win games. Teams can sit down on Rid and the run game at the same time. 
 

Even if he did show some improvement, he literally had the worst game of any offensive lineman I’ve ever seen and I watched Sapp destroy guards and Centers forever. I watched McClure crap the bed at the end. I’ve seen plenty of bad olinemen. I hope you’re right. But I don’t think the kid can play. He was TRASH even at Michigan. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...