When will it be Fields time?

BearsFanForever

19 minutes ago, BearsFanForever said:

But do you think JF will get all the first team snaps this week? or do they give andy another shot.  I think we are all hoping for JF to take the starting snap, but im not sure that will happen, or when that will happen.

They'll tease Fields throughout the season knowing and then bring him on late in the year to sell hope to the fanbase. I could see him starting after the bye week.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

They'll tease Fields throughout the season knowing and then bring him on late in the year to sell hope to the fanbase. I could see him starting after the bye week.

Like Orlovsky said this morning, when he saw Fields throw a 9 yard dart & immediately was put back on the bench, he knew Nagy was just checking a box. "You want Fields? Here. Happy now?" Instead there should've been a plan for if the pass was completed. A play to follow to get some rhythm. Nope, not this absolute clown of a playcaller!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Like Orlovsky said this morning, when he saw Fields throw a 9 yard dart & immediately was put back on the bench, he knew Nagy was just checking a box. "You want Fields? Here. Happy now?" Instead there should've been a plan for if the pass was completed. A play to follow to get some rhythm. Nope, not this absolute clown of a playcaller!

100% agree here. 9 yards, dude lets push this ball into the endzone the next play.  they had plays lined up for that for fields, like that designed qb run the ran in.  bad bad bad...

2 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

Bengals have a deep receiving corps and an accurate QB. I won't be surprised if they carve up the Bears' secondary too.

They do but Burrow was getting blasted behind that offensive line. So chance for some sacks and turnovers.

I'm hoping Justin is playing by week 3 vs the Browns when I'm up in Cleveland lol. Otherwise it'll be a long trip. 

Glazer reported that the Bears don't want Fields to play before week 4. I think next week against Cincy became far less winnable based on yesterday. Don't think we beat the browns in week 3. We gonna go into week 4 against the lions 0-3 and still playing Dalton? I think that's likely the best time to throw fields in there, especially since Okudah is out for the season now. 

29 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

Glazer reported that the Bears don't want Fields to play before week 4. I think next week against Cincy became far less winnable based on yesterday. Don't think we beat the browns in week 3. We gonna go into week 4 against the lions 0-3 and still playing Dalton? I think that's likely the best time to throw fields in there, especially since Okudah is out for the season now. 

If the plan is to bring him on slowly then I think week 4 is the perfect time for him to start against a poor defence...that said if we are going to do that then we need to play him more and more over the next two games...that package needs to include more throws and say 8-10 snaps.

4 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

If the plan is to bring him on slowly then I think week 4 is the perfect time for him to start against a poor defence...that said if we are going to do that then we need to play him more and more over the next two games...that package needs to include more throws and say 8-10 snaps.

This is exactly what we need to do. Every game give him increased amount of plays, till he really gets the speed of the game and his decision making isn't made for him.  Allow him to step back, survey the field and throw to open target.