CFB Week 3 Thread

MikeT14

1 minute ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

USC is gonna have to pay someone a ****LOAD of money to fix this.

Cause it's bad.

Yeah I dont get how they arent a great program anymore especially in the weaker Pac 12 conference (atleast the pac 12 used to be weaker been a couple years since I followed college ball)

Just now, mattyice0401 said:

Yeah I dont get how they arent a great program anymore especially in the weaker Pac 12 conference (atleast the pac 12 used to be weaker been a couple years since I followed college ball)

Coaching.

They recruit well, they draw well, they're a giant name.

All coaching, and you're gonna need to retool that ENTIRE culture inside and out to do it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Clay Helton should have been fired two seasons ago.  

Yeah didnt he have one big win over an opponent and thats what pretty much got him the gig or a contract extension? iirc he was a interim head coach after Sark I think? And had a big win and they decided to keep him around

5 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

Yeah didnt he have one big win over an opponent and thats what pretty much got him the gig or a contract extension? iirc he was a interim head coach after Sark I think? And had a big win and they decided to keep him around

He won the Rose Bowl in 2016, which was his first full season.  He was the interim first after Sark was hired, and Orgeron resigned as the interim coach, and then he was the interim after Sark took his leave and got fired.  After 2016, it was really all downhill from there. 

He always seemed to get that big win though to keep him off the firing block.  

• Like 1

Just now, naptownskinsfan said:

He won the Rose Bowl in 2016, which was his first full season.  He was the interim first after Sark was hired, and Orgeron resigned as the interim coach, and then he was the interim after Sark took his leave and got fired.  After 2016, it was really all downhill from there. 

He always seemed to get that big win though to keep him off the firing block.  

Thank you for the clarity