CFB Week 3 Thread

MikeT14

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

People said the same **** about Josh Allen, Daniel Jones and Jordan Love. Tools people, tools. Watch the tools, not the stat line. Ridder has all the tools you look for in a 1st round QB. Size, arm strength, experience, athleticism. You'd think we'd have learned this by now.

I get looking for tools and thats what I would look for as well in a QB but trying to find the next Josh Allen is dang near impossible hes the outlier here and rarely happens in the NFL.

QBs that have all the "tools" bust more often than they become the next Josh Allen but you can say that with any QB that more QBs bust than become a decade long starter.

1 minute ago, mattyice0401 said:

I get looking for tools and thats what I would look for as well in a QB but trying to find the next Josh Allen is dang near impossible hes the outlier here and rarely happens in the NFL.

QBs that have all the "tools" bust more often than they become the next Josh Allen but you can say that with any QB that more QBs bust than become a decade long starter.

Tools get you drafted in the 1st round is the only point I'm making here. The entire history of the NFL draft proves that. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Teams have seen when you take QB's based on tools as opposed to actual play, it typically doesn't work out, lol. 

Oh really? Then why does it keep happening? And Ridder's actual play is really good. You've self-admittedly seen him for less than 10 quarters lol.

Edited by beekay414

Just now, beekay414 said:

Tools get you drafted in the 1st round is the only point I'm making here. The entire history of the NFL draft proves that. 

Did Baker Mayfield have great tools? Did Kyler Murray have great tools? Obviously you have to have a strong arm, etc to be selected high but there are a lot of QB's with good physical tools. Being a good NFL QB takes 100x more than that.

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I don't disagree and have said as much in the draft forum.

Your post takes away from the criticisms of Ridder though. I'm not high on anyone at the QB position in the draft. Rattler is the most talented but even he needs a ton of work. I'm not too familiar with the kid from Ole Miss but did watch him last week. He's interesting but I haven't seen enough to form an opinion