CFB Week 3 Thread

MikeT14

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Oh really? Then why does it keep happening? And Ridder's actual play is really good. You've self-admittedly seen him for less than 10 quarters lol.

Josh Allen is one of the few cases that it has happened, most highly drafted QB's that are good were balling in college. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Did Baker Mayfield have great tools? Did Kyler Murray have great tools? Obviously you have to have a strong arm, etc to be selected high but there are a lot of QB's with good physical tools. Being a good NFL QB takes 100x more than that.

Mayfield? No. Murray, absolutely. Murray's arm strength and athleticism are elite. Now you mention Mayfield, I mention Sam Bradford, Andrew Luck, Cam Newton, I could go on. Great tools get you drafted a lot more than collegiate production.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Mayfield? No. Murray, absolutely. Murray's arm strength and athleticism are elite. Now you mention Mayfield, I mention Sam Bradford, Andrew Luck, Cam Newton, I could go on. Great tools get you drafted a lot more than collegiate production.

Murray wasn't even considered an NFL prospect heading into his final college season, he was set on playing baseball. Bradford won a Heisman trophy at a big program, Newton won a Heisman and a natty at a huge program, and Luck was a two time 1st team All-American and two time Heisman finalist at a Power 5 school. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Murray wasn't even considered an NFL prospect heading into his final college season, he was set on playing baseball. Bradford won a Heisman trophy at a big program, Newton won a Heisman and a natty at a huge program, and Luck was a two time 1st team All-American and two time Heisman finalist at a Power 5 school. 

They all were tooled out prospects. Newton's athleticism and size were elite, Bradford's arm and accuracy were elite, Luck was tooled out to the gills. That's the point I'm making. How is this so hard for you? I'm talking about tools and you're adding **** that I'm not talking about whatsoever because it's what you do in an attempt to "be right" which you must be at all times.

Just now, beekay414 said:

They all were tooled out prospects. Newton's athleticism and size were elite, Bradford's arm and accuracy were elite, Luck was tooled out to the gills. That's the point I'm making. How is this so hard for you? I'm talking about tools and you're adding **** that I'm not talking about whatsoever because it's what you do in an attempt to "be right" which you must be at all times.

They had all those tools which led to winning trophies, being All-Americans, and team success.