Week 2 GDT: NY Football Giants (0-1) vs Washington Football Team (0-1) - 8 pm EST Thursday

MikeT14

Short turnaround this week guys so I wanted to get a thread up quickly to discuss this week's game.

nyg.png&h=100&w=100 vs. wsh.png&h=100&w=100

Where: Landover, Maryland at FedEx Field - home of crappy turf and literal crap falling from Dan Snyder's suite.

When: 8pm EST on NFL Network, FOX, and Amazon Prime

Spread opened up at Washing -4 with an OU of 42.5

Both teams had disappointing opening losses on the season and are looking to avoid an 0-2 hole to kickoff 2021. The Giants are probably all finally realizing Daniel Jones just isn't the answer. The WFT is still looking for an answer at QB again, after Fitzpatrick is likely lost for much of the season. Turning to Taylor Heinicke, who many fans have been clamoring for all offseason, Washington will try and right the ship under their backup. 

What to watch for:

1) The Giants WRs had a good day against the Broncos, while Washington left the Chargers WRs roaming wide open. It's something that will need to be corrected come Thursday. Washington's defense gave up a franchise record tying 14 of 18 3rd down conversions. 

2) Pressure on Daniel Jones. The hullabaloo about our D-Line was not backed up Sunday. If they can live up to expectations Thursday, it will cause problems for Daniel Jones and he will turn the ball over.

3) Barkley come back party? He was mostly non-existent yesterday. If that continues, that would be a good play for the defense. 

4) Last but not least, it's Taylor time. Some people in this forum get their chance to see if he is the guy or not. We'll find out. 

GIF THEME FOR THE WEEK: ANYTHING TAYLOR - Coach Taylor from FNL, JTT, Taylor Swift, Jason Taylor, etc.

Let's go!

giphy-38.gif?resize=480,270&ssl=1

• Like 1

The only bright spot we have going into this game is that the Giants looked far worse than we did week 1 vs what I would consider a worse passing offense w/ Bridgewater leading Denver. 

Of course I’m worried about the Giants though bc we’ve never beaten Danny & they always seem to have our number, but I think we should be able to beat the Giants.

Our shiny new(ish) toys are in the shop for repairs. Our coaching staff couldn't figure out how to cover the opponents #1 WR. We played Jon Bostic for over 80% of our defensive snaps. We couldn't get pressure at all on a team that had serious question marks on the oline. 

Put me down for 0-2. I feel that the Giants rely on Saquon a lot in this game and put to bed the idea that our defense is anything buy mediocre. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

We've lost 5 in a row to them btw. 

Daniel Jones has started 27 games and is 8-19 overall and Five of those wins have come against the Skins. We can't lose this game  unless we want travel to Buffalo 0-2. No!!! we can't lose this game. Our Sundays game our D will have to reassert it's domince in the trenches Thursday. This a divisional foe so I expect the G man to play us real tough but we need this win.

4 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

Our shiny new(ish) toys are in the shop for repairs. Our coaching staff couldn't figure out how to cover the opponents #1 WR. We played Jon Bostic for over 80% of our defensive snaps. We couldn't get pressure at all on a team that had serious question marks on the oline. 

Put me down for 0-2. I feel that the Giants rely on Saquon a lot in this game and put to bed the idea that our defense is anything buy mediocre. 

The Bostic thing has to end. I cannot believe this team has been playing him for three years. THREE. McKinney and Foster are out there. Do something! 

• Like 2